What adult beverage are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) Uncle Bob,I need your expert opinion I love Canadian Mist to me its a mild and easy going I drink it on ice with some water and a glass of ice water on the side.I can have a good amount but its effects are gone by the time I go bed and then to the restroom about 3-4 hours later thats a good thing not nearly as harsh as J&B scotch,I have had stronger but its harsh the next day.I like to call the Canadian Mist a girl whiskey. I do like Makers Mark[whisky?} and a few others but dont like how they make me feel the next day.

jpmcgrew...

Well it seems you enjoy the C. Mist. It is a "Canadian Blend" being blended from different whiskeys. It is not a Bourbon. It is bottled at 80 proof. Kinda on the mild side. Mixing it with water, having water on the side etc. will dilute it a good bit making it's "effect" mild and not long lasting. You might wanna try Crown Royal another Canadian Blend that is very popular and with less water/ice etc. depending on what you are looking for.
Makers Mark is a Kentucky Bourbon whiskey. It is a very popular label. It has a high sales volume share in the U.S. market. Is bottled at 90 proof(I think)
Is reported to be one of Castro's favorites. Is not one of my favorites but it has it's following.
I hope this helps...

:) Actually I love Canadian Mist because it is so mild tasting which is why I call it girl whiskey and Im a girl its also isnt very expensive.Just was wondering if you like it or is it just too sissy for you or what.No offence taken if you hate it.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Actually I love Canadian Mist because it is so mild tasting which is why I call it girl whiskey and Im a girl its also isnt very expensive.Just was wondering if you like it or is it just too sissy for you or what.No offence taken if you hate it.

:LOL:
No offense taken Miss Mcgrew! I don't know if I would classify it or you as "sissy" in the least. I am not a big fan of Canadian wiskeys. No offense to my Canadian friends. It is the blending qualities that I do not like. Even if it were produced in Mississippi I would not enjoy it. The fact that you do is completely acceptable! That is why "they" make apples, oranges, bananas etc. Something for everyone. We all have dfferent taste and should celebrate our differences! So next time I have a pour of Bourbon..Cha-chink!! I will toast to you and your Canadian Mist!!

Oh, right now I am enjoying a wee bit of Grand Marnier!

:) The reason I like to drink alot of water when drinking is that it takes 8oz of water to metabolize [spelled wrong Im sure}1 oz of alcohol.Which is the cause of most hangovers[dehydration}

2004 The Four Graces Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley - it's wonderful!

Very nice red fruit notes - just a slight hint of spice - more white pepper than black pepper - nice easy tannins and a long finish. Earthy. ...and I bought the last 2004 - I hope the 2005 is just as good.

My pinot has really opened up and the fruit is even brighter than it was before - yummy! ........and the spice is developing.

Last edited:
to heck with grilled margarita chicken, peppers and pineapple! The rain is coming- must drink margarita (lime) mix with SoCo. I don't know if it is a documented drink or not, but it was discovered by me one night, well, when I think I decided not to make margarita chicken the last time! :huh:

yes, buying margarita mix... then not planning on grilling for a few nights is a bad idea!

And I have to ask, I have never tried a Pinot Noir... I thought I didn't like a cab sauv, but tried one the other day, and really liked it. Is a pinot noir acidy or dry? Sounds really good to me though! Is there a "common" brand to "try out"? Unless I travel about an hour, we don't have a lot of good wine selections.. :mad:

I am on my second glass of a South African red wine bottle by Stepping Stone- I can't tell you more that it is a mixture of a couple of cabernates and a merlot anad one other that I can't recall and the empty bottle has already made it's way to the recyling bin! Salud!!Love and energy, Vicki
PS can you tell I"m a light weight drinker!!!

Back
Top Bottom