What are common Halal (food cart) spices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fast forward to last night, I was in NYC to see The Eagles at MSG ( great show, although the crowed immediately sitting next to/ in front of and behind us, were annoying. Anyway, pre show we went out to eat
I am surprised you did not asked there what the spices were. That would be the first thing I'd do.

All y'all need to GOOGLE the word HALAL. It has to do with what is acceptable under Islamic law. For meat and poultry especially, it is similar to kosher for Jews. It has to do with the type of animal and the slaughtering and preparation of the animal and very little to do with the seasonings used to prepare it. Exccept for nutmeg, which some Islamic scholars consider to be haram (forbidden) because of its intoxicating nature, all herbs and spices are plant matter, therefore halal.

Personally, I have been looking for a halal meat market to buy chicken because I am tired of the chicken from the supermarket bleeding all over my roasting pan when I cook it. Halal meat, just like kosher meat, must be drained of all blood. I had a Morrocan friend tell me that if he could not find halal products, he would opt for kosher.

Just google hallal cart chicken recipes

Last edited:
All y'all need to GOOGLE the word HALAL. It has to do with what is acceptable under Islamic law. For meat and poultry especially, it is similar to kosher for Jews. It has to do with the type of animal and the slaughtering and preparation of the animal and very little to do with the seasonings used to prepare it. Exccept for nutmeg, which some Islamic scholars consider to be haram (forbidden) because of its intoxicating nature, all herbs and spices are plant matter, therefore halal.

Personally, I have been looking for a halal meat market to buy chicken because I am tired of the chicken from the supermarket bleeding all over my roasting pan when I cook it. Halal meat, just like kosher meat, must be drained of all blood. I had a Morrocan friend tell me that if he could not find halal products, he would opt for kosher.

Just google hallal cart chicken recipes
What you have is not blood. Besides hallal doesn’t require to drain blood unlike kosher meat or poultry.

What you have is not blood. Besides hallal doesn’t require to drain blood unlike kosher meat or poultry.
For meat to be certified halal, it must be slaughtered in a manner known as dhabiha. That means cutting through the jugular vein, carotid artery, and windpipe in order to drain all blood from the carcass. In Islam, the consumption of blood is considered haram.

For meat to be certified halal, it must be slaughtered in a manner known as dhabiha. That means cutting through the jugular vein, carotid artery, and windpipe in order to drain all blood from the carcass. In Islam, the consumption of blood is considered haram.
I’ve seen halal slaughter done. I did not see them draining blood.
Well, actually it’s not fair. I am comparing to kosher blood draining.

Back
Top Bottom