What are some of your favorite aromas/smells?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made the mistake of falling asleep on the couch earlier while watching a movie. I lit some lavender incense... it smells so good and supposed to be relaxing.. maybe that will help

I like the smell of bacon cooking, potatoes and onions, coffee brewing and I really love the smell of vanilla. As for perfume poison is my favorite.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. and here I was going to go work out.. ughhhhh..the neighbors are bbq'ing chicken.. it smells soooooooooooooo good!!!!!!! ughhhh.. I had to poke my nose out the door to let the aroma in!

I guess I love cooking because I love the aroma around my house when I cook meals. That is half of eating. My favorites would be roasting garlic and a shallot in olive oil, bread fresh from oven, lavender, chopping my favorites fresh herbs Italian parlsey, sage, rosemary, lemon thyme and chives together, chocolate cake, roasted turkey, everything I eat smells good.

A lot of folks have said they like they way babys smell. Huh? They either smell like poop or baby powder. Im guessing they like the baby powder smell. Personally baby powder makes me gag. I just dont like like it.
I like the smell of a smoker cooking BBQ. I like the smell of citrus. I enjoy smelling a camp fire. I guess I like mascquline smells. Is coconut one of those scents? Because I enjoy that too. I love the smell of the ocean. Of good beer..... pine trees. Am I alone here? :roll: :oops:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
A lot of folks have said they like they way babys smell. Huh? They either smell like poop or baby powder. Im guessing they like the baby powder smell. Personally baby powder makes me gag. I just dont like like it.
I like the smell of a smoker cooking BBQ. I like the smell of citrus. I enjoy smelling a camp fire. I guess I like mascquline smells. Is coconut one of those scents? Because I enjoy that too. I love the smell of the ocean. Of good beer..... pine trees. Am I alone here? :roll: :oops:

heya sush, i was wondering the same thing about babies heads, so i went home and sniffed my boy's little warm melon. i have a pretty good nose, and it didn'treally smell like anything, except, it was wondefully warm and soft. i guess you're right about that it must be the perfumes in the soap or baby powder. still, kissing a babies head is a great thing.

Oppps...... :roll:
26.gif

Hi! It's been a while. I've loved reading about everybody's fave smells. I don't have a great nose, but I love my papaya/mango body cream, fresh strawberries, the smell of onions and mushrooms cooking, and babies' necks and heads. Even the sour milk smell on them is just fine with me! I miss my babies. My youngest is pushing 24. What happened??? :cry:

thier1754 said:
Hi! It's been a while. I've loved reading about everybody's fave smells. I don't have a great nose, but I love my papaya/mango body cream, fresh strawberries, the smell of onions and mushrooms cooking, and babies' necks and heads. Even the sour milk smell on them is just fine with me! I miss my babies. My youngest is pushing 24. What happened??? :cry:

Don't cry..............they come back..........to live.........with you!!!!!!!!!

thier1754 said:

Where have you been thier1754:?: Missed ya :!:

Vanilla and Coffee.

Funny thing is, I don't drink hot coffee. I drink iced coffee and love coffee ice cream, but don't like it hot.

Laur

Where I've been...

Just been so busy putting together a new section for the website and doing some political things here and there for the elections. But mostly just lots of website work, which I should finish by the end of this week and will post. Then I think I'll be ready for a break. Unfortunately, the holiday season is coming, so the break will have to be in January!

I've missed you guys! What did I miss that I should catch up on? How is everybody?

Hiya Thier.. I'm a newbie.. this is a great site with lots of great people.. hope you can visit more soon! :D

The fragrance of the white flowers of a type of ginger plant, hedychium coronarium.

I am trying to buy its essential oil which is called "longoza." The fragrance is so sweet that I want to experiment using it to flavor pastry, cookies, icecream, etc..

something else I love the smell of... burning leaves.. I smelled them earlier tonight when I was coming home from dinner.

When rain begins to wet dry concrete sidewalks, driveways, etc., it gives off an aroma that I like. This is particularly strong after many hot, dry days. Anyone else notice this?

yep, I know what you're talking about.. I love the smell of the air anyway after a good rain or thunderstorm

Juliev said:
something else I love the smell of... burning leaves.. I smelled them earlier tonight when I was coming home from dinner.

awwwww, c'mon people, compost, compost, compost.

Back
Top Bottom