What are some of your favorite aromas/smells?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
LOL! That is so cute. Toonces is about 12 now, and still kinda crabby, but as long as you know what bugs her you are cool. We also have an assortment of other pets, but I won't bore you with their descriptions etc. I think I posted on the pet site some time ago about them. Thanks for the cute cat comment.

I have put some pix of our dogs on the what food do you prep for your pets under this Gen chat topic. I will look for your menagerie too.

he's not angry, he's fuhklempt (we got him from a jewish breeder, grand champion parentage at the cat show in madison square garden, anyhew, if his mom was jewish...)

btw, i thought of another smell/aroma i like. the smell of the back of dw's neck when we cuddle on a blanket on the beach, specially if she had coconut sunscreen on. a little sand, a little salt water and sweat, and the coconut.

Hmmmm...I am just so thrilled that I figured out how to post the picture I am not sure how to blow it up...give me a few minutes to tinker and then look on the pet site...I will try to post it there.

mudbug said:
babies' heads

sigh, is there any better smell? i love when they nuzzle up into your shoulder, smelling all of baby-ness, and you just want to go find a rocking chair and just hold them for the rest of thier infancy?
i don't have any babies yet, but i'm giving myself a few years here, and then i am ready!

Coon cats look like a cross between a tabby and a bobcat dont they? They are so big too, love em.

Favorite scents are:

the air in the spring after a long Maine winter lol
apple blossoms and lilac blossoms
puppy breath (and those bellies are cute too)
new babies ( I think someone mentioned this too)
rain on a warm day
mens cologne
laundry after coming out of the dryer
spaghetti sauce that has been cooking all day
the ocean air

Thats all I can think of for now

I love the smell of Italian cusine..... grapefruit..... lime..... apple/cinnamon..... gardina flowers..... the smell of my girlfriends hair.... geezzzz, there are FAR to many to say!

I have a couple more.. fresh cut grass, burning leaves, linen when you bring it in off the line..

mmm, all yummy smells, but there is just nothing that is better than the scent of a little baby. my Mom and i discuss that pretty often; i think she's beginning to get Grandma-instincts but i'm just not ready to make her a Grammy yet, lol. i don't think she wants to say it out loud yet, but...

mudbug said:
the air after it rains
fresh cut grass
babies' heads
grated mutmeg (nutmeg too)
onions and celery frying together

Babies' heads really hit it for me
grass, nutmeg, O&C frying is good too

the smell of the kitchen after baking a bunch of apple pies.
FRESH SHEETS ...line dried in SPRING AIR
The scent of the EX I let get away

Rain
A fresh cut white fir
Freshly ground coffee
The smell of fresh sheets as you crawl into bed
Pies baking in the oven, preferably apple
Brand new paper money
Puppies
Pork roast with garlic and rosemary in the crockpot
The whiff of your significant other's aftershave or perfume

SC

Bacon, especially when it's cooked over a wood fire while camping out
Sagebrush (ever been to New Mexico?)
The air after a thunderstorm
I have to agree with the "baby scent", as I have three right now
Freshly-baked bread
Freshly-baked Banana Bread
Brownies
Cookies
Roasted Chicken

At Christmas time we make an aroma on the stove that is made up of pineapple juice, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon sticks, clove and lemon. I love that smell.

AllenMI

I agree with the sagebrush. It does smell good especially after it rains. I also like the smell of pine trees baking in the sun on a really hot day. It smells like their sap is boiling. I also forgot another smell that I like the smell of fried chicken cooking.

SC

my basement smells sooooooo good. forgot about that one! i can't explain. (i am so flighty, lol... i mentally just busted into that pink floyd song after i wrote that; ' i can't explain; this is not how i am! when iiiiiii was a child, i had a fever, my hnds felt just like two balloons. now i've got that feeling once again, i can't explain, you would not understand...)
bleach, All, Downy, concrete, fresh air (the one window always gets propped open), all in one.

SierraCook said:
Rain
A fresh cut white fir
Freshly ground coffee
The smell of fresh sheets as you crawl into bed
Pies baking in the oven, preferably apple
Brand new paper money
Puppies
Pork roast with garlic and rosemary in the crockpot
The whiff of your significant other's aftershave or perfume

SC

and puppies' heads

Rosemary- fresh enough to make you think everything's clean (till you spot the cat hair)
Bergamot
cypress
ginger, especially
and vanilla, but not the stuff they put in candles, the real bean...stuck down in the sugar jar, you open the jar and you get this true vanilla/sugar thing....feels good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom