What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
spirit was willing but the body was weak, lol

You take care of yourself Babe! I wish I lived a little closer because I love making pineapple upside down cake and would be most happy to oblige your dessert cravings! :). I hope you are feeling better today.

I have a small (30 people) 20th anniversary cake due for Saturday and with DH off and on a reno frenzy (kitchen is done and now he is making screens for all the windows), I haven't even started yet. So today I will be baking a 12" square chocolate cake and a 9" vanilla heart.

Oh, and another bride wants a tasting so this week I have to get on that one too! Anyone want to help me with the leftovers on this one :chef::LOL:

You must be feeling better - I can tell because you are baking! :)

Either that or I'm stupid. OW! Whisking is not on my list of things I can do with my elbow. However, I did it. Lemon bars are baking and I'm icing. My elbow that is. LOL. Cookies may need to wait for another day.

You take care of yourself Babe! I wish I lived a little closer because I love making pineapple upside down cake and would be most happy to oblige your dessert cravings! :). I hope you are feeling better today.

gosh wish i could take u up on the cake. still haven't made. i will though when the energy is there.

On Friday I made a gluten free sugar free chocolate cake as part of my Easter trifle so that everyone could eat Easter dessert. The whole thing was a pretty good success though I still want to work on the dairy free custard.

On Friday I also made 11 dozen mini chocolate cupcakes (real chocolate cake) which I decorated with frosting and jelly beans Saturday morning. I took them to church Sunday morning as a thank you for all the meals, visits and support they have given us in the last three months during my rough time health-wise.

Today I made a gluten free loaf of bread for DH in the bread machine and a batch of GF hamburger buns in my KA. I have 8 molds and they turn out pretty good.

If I have the energy I should get a chocolate cake in the oven tonight so it is ready tomorrow to use as a sample to carve. I have an idea for a wedding cake but I need to test it out before presenting it to the couple.

Between Dad's diabetes, DH's gluten and lactose intolerances, plus samples and actual orders for my business, I will probably be baking full time from now until the end of September. Sure glad I am feeling better :chef:

You are making me feel lazy!

i want to bake a light choco cake. what would happen if i cut salt in half. on salt restrictive diet. i know it will need salt . would like comments today if u can.

I often cut the salt in half in baked goods with no ill effects. I also cut down the sugar significantly, especially in chocolate recipes, so the chocolate really comes through. Go for it!

Baked a 12" square chocolate cake for a cake I am doing as a favour to a friend for Saturday. Still have a 12" heart layer to do but I ran out of sugar (not good for a baker) and to mix up and Italian buttercream and a regular vanilla buttercream. The heart is a replica of her parents original wedding cake for a special anniversary.

Details please Chops! :) Is the recipe here at DC?

Hi LPB, I used the Crack Pie recipe of Momofuku (a well-known restaurant in NYC) which I found on the web. Just google it under 'Momofuku at home crack pie recipe'. Good luck! I would cut down on the sugar of the filling and up the salt in the oatmeal cookie crust.

What magazine ? I have Everyday Food and the Foodnetwork mag, the recipes do work !!!Last night I started the no-knead peasant bread it has to sit for 24 hrs to improve the flavor so we shall see.

have a great day !!!!

Whole wheat flaky biscuits, folding the dough over the butter several times.

Attachments

• 15314_392129906574_524236574_3931306_1939742_n.jpg
    15314_392129906574_524236574_3931306_1939742_n.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom