What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the bake sale bread, and I'm taking it up there now. Whew! That was a lot of work.

img_705795_0_39a0e63769119c6df94d7700eb96e971.jpg

JoeV

Wow, Joe, if you move to KZ I'll give you a room for free.......those look delish.......

my oven doesn't even work now.......:( don't know when it ever will again..........will probably get some cheap dung instead........I have to wait on the landlady's pleasure.....so I went to a friend's house today and baked two pans of skillet cornbread....company from S. Africa and the UK enjoyed it very much......a very southern US dish..............and easy to make here as they have very nice cornmeal.......more grainier than you get in the states but I really prefer it that way.......

Wow, Joe, if you move to KZ I'll give you a room for free.......those look delish.......

my oven doesn't even work now.......:( don't know when it ever will again..........will probably get some cheap dung instead........I have to wait on the landlady's pleasure.....so I went to a friend's house today and baked two pans of skillet cornbread....company from S. Africa and the UK enjoyed it very much......a very southern US dish..............and easy to make here as they have very nice cornmeal.......more grainier than you get in the states but I really prefer it that way.......
none of my beeswax but what are you doing in whatevahstan anyway?

I'm accompanying my husband... he's in the oil industry...the politically correct thing to say....otherwise I don't know what the hades I'm doing over here........certainly not learning Russian....too difficult and my small brain just can't remember everything ......besides between my sign language which is pretty spot on and my Russian/English pocket dictionary that I carry everywhere with me I get by...........better than the babes that take all those lessons.......and I've been here 3 years...........

Well.. My husband is perfect as ya all know but... when I leave he kind of becomes helpless. So, since I'm taking off to Mexico with out him on the 2nd. I've got to fill the freezer. This isn't all baking and it's not all going to happen today but... some time this week...

2 batches of cake mix cookies one lemon and white choco chip and one chocolate with peanut butter chip

1 pot of lentil soup

2 kinds of pasta sauce,

1 chicken dish ( who knows what kind)

1 beef or venison type stew

Made a batch of date bars this morning for DH (his favorite). It's been hard to find dates here lately, but he found some on Friday and brought them home - still had stems and pits, so it took some time to get them ready. But the date bars are delicious.

with all this talk about lasagna, wondered if I was the only person to make this version. honestly, I could not believe how good it was and how tall and how the sauce which was very thin and soupy came together. very good and I'll do it over and over again, very big recommendation on my part for this

I know I talked about it awhile back Lefselover...that's not the recipe I used but that one does look gooood!

I am not usually a person that would quickly jump on tackling one of RR's recipes. But when she made this on the show, I kept rewinding it, so figured it interested me somehow. I made sure I had all the ingredients and assembled it all and baked it up. I was surprised that the sauce is very loose very runny but I think it's because the noodles are no cook first kind so they need to be hydrated with the cooking, sooooooooooooooooo dang good!

I know. They look beautiful. Paul walked by this morning and said "wow!! Those look good".

OH JOEV...will you make my hubby some bread, please?

my husband loves sweet type breads that we often times get at restaurants for our dinners. ie. pumpkin, date, carrot, squaw, etc.
think I'll check my kitchen store and see if there's any pumpkin in there.
I have dates, I have zucchini, I have carrots, I have specialty raisins [all colors and sizes to a bag]. if there is pumpkin in a can, I'll make something up for him that is rich/dense/complex that he can enjoy tonight, oh, sorta like me

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 86
yea, that'd be great.
JoeV, your breads look wonderul.
do you own a secret bakery somewhere?
cause I'm convinced that those are so professionally made [those buns of yours]:ohmy:

Here we go again with my buns...:LOL: Nope, no secret bakery, just repetition is what makes them turn out so well. I must say that DW really does like my "buns..." for making sandwiches, that is.:LOL:

pdswife, I wish I could make bread for everyone that asks, but it's just not possible. Methinks you might try some NYT and see how easy and delicious it is. I just had a ham sammy with NYT Whole Wheat. Can you say Yummo? :ROFLMAO:

I donated a bread baking class in our home for four people as as silent auction item for a fundraiser (local mental health network) last Saturday, and a friend from church was the high bidder. We named the item "A loaf of bread, a jug of wine and thou." We made up a basket with a bottle of merlot and a loaf of Italian bread and a loaf of NYT Italian Herb bread for the winner to take home. She's all excited to learn how to make NYT, Italian bread and, you guessed it, Joe's "buns.":LOL: The hard part is selecting which three friends to bring to the class to participate. Surprisingly, she now has some "new friends" that have just surfaced since Sunday morning.

JoeV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom