What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
buttermilk-honey bread and the first add-in to my Amish Friendship bread
starter. thinkin about making some lemon cooler cookies, too. got a
wake to go to in a couple of days, and ya gotta have a lot of food to
soak up all that booze! let's make another toast...

download
SAD NEWS...
download
download
download
download
download
download

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities
turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry
Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and
Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on
half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flakey at times, he still
was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for
millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John
Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the
occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone
else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift.

Cute, Dave. By the way, when I saw "Sad News" I thought you were going to tell me your coconut cake flopped. How did it turn out?

Great, Laurie. It was HUGH! I didn't think it would be so big. I used a heavy Bundt pan and cooked it for the requisite time. Stuck it with a tester which came out quite moist so I gave it another 10 min @ 315F. Most excellent and so rich! One thin slice was all I could eat, and Lynn the same. She'll probably take it to the office tomorrow to get the balance eaten. Thank you so much for the recipe and your delicious advice.

I think one could cut the recipe in half and use a 9 X 5 loaf pan. That would be plenty, but of course you're planning it for a wedding cake. Why do I keep hitting the italic button?

I did my first one in a bundt pan and we (with friends) ate 1/4. I cut the remaining 3 quarters, wrapped them and put them in the freezer for when we need a quick dessert. Yes, I should have mentioned it is a sizeable cake! Sorry about that. But it does freeze well!

Still on my "to do" list. I have a pile of raspberries I froze this summer that I think I will use as a sauce with that cake. It just sounds fantastic. Thanks again Laurie.

My sister and I are finally getting to exchange Christmas presents so I am currently making the "cheese straws" for about the fourth time as part of her gift. If I have time I will also bake some sugar free chocolate chip cookies for my Dad.

Well, I have the day off...but so do my kids! That could mean a lot of driving on my part. I would LIKE to make a batch of oatmeal chocolate chippers and maybe finally try that coconut pound cake of Lauries. We'll see how much I actually get done though.

where do I locate the recipe for the coconut pound cake?
I'm new, still learning to navigate my way around the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom