What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuming! 😡

My apartment complex has switched payment apps from Zego to Active Building this month.

When I signed onto the app for the first time it showed a significant past due amount.

It seemed odd to me because the previous app took my payment automatically on the first of each month.

I went to the office to seek an explanation and hopefully some assistance in correcting the information.

The manager was quick to explain, without looking at my account or lease, that they were still in the process of loading the new rents and that I should be patient and give them some time.

I asked what my new rent was projected to be and why that new amount would be in effect prior to receiving a change of terms or extension, without proper notice, no answer.

It’s frustrating and worrisome.

I will try to pay my rent by personal check on the first but I’m concerned that they will not accept it and the new system will not accept what it sees as a partial payment.

I need to start working the phone on Monday to see if I can find some information on my options.

Fuming! 😡

My apartment complex has switched payment apps from Zego to Active Building this month.

When I signed onto the app for the first time it showed a significant past due amount.

It seemed odd to me because the previous app took my payment automatically on the first of each month.

I went to the office to seek an explanation and hopefully some assistance in correcting the information.

The manager was quick to explain, without looking at my account or lease, that they were still in the process of loading the new rents and that I should be patient and give them some time.

I asked what my new rent was projected to be and why that new amount would be in effect prior to receiving a change of terms or extension, without proper notice, no answer.

It’s frustrating and worrisome.

I will try to pay my rent by personal check on the first but I’m concerned that they will not accept it and the new system will not accept what it sees as a partial payment.

I need to start working the phone on Monday to see if I can find some information on my options.
Not surprised you are fuming (and worried) Aunt Bea. Sounds like they have messed things up entirely. Hope it all gets sorted satisfactorily for you.

Bought spinach, eggplant yesterday and will probably cook up the spinach and cream. Eggplant not sure yet, bake some slices? A vegie lasagna?
The chicken quarters (now chilled) will be deboned and cubed or shredded (I think). Not sure on the left over sauce from the slow-cooker, maybe reduce and save some.

Play games on computer, try to ignore kids upstairs jumping and thumping (raining outside) tried to tell them it's OK to jump on trampoline with an umbrella - but nobody's buying it.

Got the spinach cooked (YUM!) Got the eggplant baked (hope it's not too salty). Deboned and shredded the chicken.

games had to wait til I get back from...
Forgot going with son to drop van off for tire change. We leave it there and drop keys into a slot for him. He'll call in the morning when it's done. Much better than going at 7:45am in morning traffic!

I can play my games now... :)

We had friends who wanted to see our Alaska photos. With four people on the trip, there were a LOT of photos and short videos. I decided if they asked to sit through all of the photos, I'd feed them so I made spaghetti with meatballs, salad, and garlic bread for them along with a Costco-bought lemon-blueberry loaf for dessert.

Also, this weekend, we had a friend who we wanted to surprise by making dinner for her. Her husband handled a citrus salad and the wonderful ice cream cake. We made street tacos with homemade guacamole and salsa along with homemade tortillas.

It was a fun, but busy weekend. This week, I need to tunnel around the perimeter of my absolutely PACKED basement to install French drains and a sump pump.

Back
Top Bottom