What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are heading into the lounge now to watch some Masterchef, have a great day everyone :)

Catch you all tomorrow

Cheers Tom...Steve says hello :)

Catch ya soon, when you are officially on holidays ;)

Last edited:
At first when I got my days and nights screwed up I didn't mind. Stay awake all night and get sleepy around 10 a.m. Now I have to try to turn it around. I am missing summer. I have yet to spend the day on the patio working on my sewing. I don't get out to run errands. I depend on my son to do them for me. Time to try and stay up until at least 5 p.m. :)

Went into work to put together a catering for a funeral. arelaxing now wondering what to do today. I know the pool will be an option on this hot day.

Cheryl, I hope your party goes well. Two year olds are so neat because they are starting to be totally aware of what is going on that this "is for me" :)

Kylie, it is 10 pm here as well.

I am fighting off a flu bug - I think I am getting it from hubby. :( But my week with the kid's camp was incredible! It is so good to be able to do things again and not be worried about my health or looking after Dad (I miss him, but now I know he isn't suffering I am finally feeling a bit of freedom).

So true, LP - 2 yrs. is such a fun age, they do get so much more aware at that age. It'll be fun!

Hope you get rid of that bug soon - not fun, especially when you're so busy. I know what you mean about missing a parent and finally being able to relax a bit with some freedom. My mom passed last year and much as I missed her and still do, it took months before I felt like I could take my time at the grocery store and not rush back to care for her.

Have a nice day at the lake party, Merlot! That sure sounds wonderful right about now. :)

I'm such a ditz, the party is tomorrow, I drove all the way out there and had to come back :ermm: It's ok, tomorrow will be even sunnier :)

Good morning everyone :)

I have just got up and having my first coffee for the day :yum:

Today Steve and I are heading out to some markets and a nice drive as some of them are a fair distance away...we are then dropping into a lovely pizzeria for a gourmet pizza for lunch and then off to some garden centres for a few bits and pieces :)

It is going to be a lovely sunny day too, so looking forward to taking off in a few hours
thumb.gif

Merlot, have a great time at the party today :)

I'm getting ready for Ma's Sunday, am making stuffed onions and zucchini's some chocolate muffins for the kids, some granola, just some quick oats,cashews,honey, marinating a tri tip, to grill, will also do some sausage, make root beer floats, a platter of sliced tomatoes, that's it so far.
kades

be extra nice to him today, pf. that's a sad day for any guy.

i cried when i sold my old suzuki gs850.

i just got in from 3 hours of weeding the roses and half of the veggie garden.

now i have to go pick up a table and party supplies for tomorrow. the other coach and i are having a pizza party for our little league baseball team now that the entire season (including post season) is over. we're also having a kids vs. parents softball game, and a water gun and water balloon fight.

should be fun.

Sounds like everyone has had a great day :)

Tom, the pizza party sounds great, I bet it will be lots of fun for the kids and the adults :)

Kades, all that food sounds lovely :yum:

I have decided I want to come to your Ma's Sunday and to Tom's Pizza Party...I am sure we can go out to the markets a bit later today :LOL:

I don't have the flu!:clap: It turns out that I was just tired from a busy week at the kid's camp and baking each night at home. You don't know what a relief it is to wake up with just the normal symptoms (my throat, hip, etc.) and not that all over "ill" feeling! I had a nap this afternoon with DH and am feeling so refreshed.

Unfortunately he is still ill, but again not the flu. The doctor figures it is his thyroid again and way out of whack. He was wearing 4 shirts, long johns under heavy jeans and four pairs of socks and was still cold in the doctor's office while I was wearing a summer t-shirt, capris and sandals and was hot! :wacko:

So he has a series of blood tests he has to get done tomorrow (fasting) and is off work for at least one more day.

Sounds like everyone has had a great day :)

Tom, the pizza party sounds great, I bet it will be lots of fun for the kids and the adults :)

Kades, all that food sounds lovely :yum:

I have decided I want to come to your Ma's Sunday and to Tom's Pizza Party...I am sure we can go out to the markets a bit later today :LOL:
After you do, stop in here on your way home - I still have some cupcakes and other goodies from the week! :)

That is great to hear that you dont have the flu LP :)

Awww, that is so sweet of you...I am so coming for your lovely cupcakes...and to see you of course xx

Last edited:
I just got my recertification for food stamps. It is 12 pages long and all the answers have been filled in. All I have to do is sign it. There is a section for 65 y.o. and above. One of the questions is "Are you pregnant?" They have "No" checked off for me. I so want to change that to "YES" and really shake them up. That would be the talk of their office. A client 73 years old and pregnant. I also want to meet the idiot who put that question in that section. My laugh for the day. I told my son he was going to get stuck with babysitting duties while I am out on the town bar hopping. :wacko:

I got mine too. It wasn't filled out, but i was able to fill it out online. I started to include as "other bills", my cable bill ($117+), but thought they might figure I could spend my money on food instead, so I didn't. Cable is a necessity for me. I increased my bill to have High Definition for my new TV, and got one really great channel in return, Nat Geo Wild. Sometimes I can leave it on all day. Great scenery and critters.

Our cable, which includes TV, phone and internet is an absolute. I can do without lots of other things.

Back
Top Bottom