What are you eating Friday January 7, 2022?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Pot roast, mashed red & yellow mashed potatoes, au jus gravy and steamed asparagus.

pot_roast_010722_IMG_9121.jpg

Looks good, mofet. I could go for something hearty like meat and spuds in gravy.

I was planning on making a tagine tonight, but we lost power about an hour or two ago. If it doesn't come back on soon, I'll be heading out for Chinese or pizza.

Grilled Turkey Breast Cutlet, Stove Top Stuffing Mix with a little Gravy, Roasted Sprouts, in two minutes too long, Whole Cranberry sauce...

Turkey Breast Cutlet.jpg

Looks good, mofet. I could go for something hearty like meat and spuds in gravy.

I was planning on making a tagine tonight, but we lost power about an hour or two ago. If it doesn't come back on soon, I'll be heading out for Chinese or pizza.
Thank you BT.
Hope your power comes back soon.

No power yet, so I ran out for Italian. Chicken parm, Veal Sorrentino, and a pizza.

It's actually kinda nice having dinner by the fire together.

Our Norwegian Forest cat, Mush, thinks so.

Attachments

• 0107221956d.jpg
    0107221956d.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
We had a lot of chicken left from that Portuguese style chicken we had on Wednesday. So, I made hot chicken sandwiches and a salad. Homemade vinaigrette for the salad. Homemade gravy for the sandwiches.

DH had white meat, and two slices of wholegrain wheat bread.

Hot chicken sandwiches and a salad.jpg

I had dark meat and one slice of the same bread.

Hot chicken sandwich and a salad.jpg

No power yet, so I ran out for Italian. Chicken parm, Veal Sorrentino, and a pizza.

It's actually kinda nice having dinner by the fire together.

Our Norwegian Forest cat, Mush, thinks so.
Ant clue why power went out? Lines down? Ice and snow?

Ant clue why power went out? Lines down? Ice and snow?

JCP&L says it was a transformer fire. They keep changing the estimated time of repair every two hours to another 2 hours.

We are having fun, though. My son just made tea and popcorn in the fireplace with his mess kit.

Scouting teaches so many life skills, bt! Score and score later, I still do some things the Girl Scout way.

Not tonight, though. Himself ran out to get some broasted chicken and jo-jo potatoes from the local pizza place. I had forgotten that OH jo-jos are coated just like the chicken. Yum. I opened and heated Niblets canned corn to go with.

Scouting teaches so many life skills, bt! Score and score later, I still do some things the Girl Scout way.

Not tonight, though. Himself ran out to get some broasted chicken and jo-jo potatoes from the local pizza place. I had forgotten that OH jo-jos are coated just like the chicken. Yum. I opened and heated Niblets canned corn to go with.

Absolutely, CG. Do your best, and be prepared.

Adapt and overcome is the next step.

What are jo-jo potatoes?

Jo-jo potatoes are delicious! Potato wedges are broasted just like the chicken. In Ohio they're coated with the same stuff as the chicken. In MA they're broasted nekkid. Either way they're good.

country fried steak, with stuffing, baby peas, and pan gravy. Comfort food. Next time I use cubed steak, I will make a braised, cubed steak, smothered with hunter's sauce (brown gravy and mushrooms), either that or Swiss steak with mushrooms.

Seeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom