What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My lunch was simple. It was a North Indian meal consisting of Poori, chhole Dal and one veg dish along with curd, fryms and a sweet.

I met a friend for lunch out, and we shared a 16" Carnivore Gourmet Pizza. It was REALLY good! The crust was made from artisan bread dough (herbs and spices), and the meats included REAL, Smoky Canadian Bacon, Spicy Italian Sausage, Real Bacon Bits (not from a jar), Seasoned Beef and Tangy Pepperoni were all the best available.

I met a friend for lunch out, and we shared a 16" Carnivore Gourmet Pizza. It was REALLY good! The crust was made from artisan bread dough (herbs and spices), and the meats included REAL, Smoky Canadian Bacon, Spicy Italian Sausage, Real Bacon Bits (not from a jar), Seasoned Beef and Tangy Pepperoni were all the best available.
Now, I'm hungry!!! I haven't had lunch yet either.... Man, that sounds good!

Yesterday I fixed marinated portobello mushroom and spinach quesadillas with poblano dipping sauce. It was really good. Saw it on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" with Guy Fieri.

That is one of my favorite shows! I remember when he got his start.

I'm always sitting there with a pen and paper to scribble down what looks and sounds good. I have both the books from the show, but they don't describe everything that is highlighted on the show. This is the 5th or 6th item I've made without proper recipes and I haven't been disappointed.

Sautéed portobellas over spinach-ricotta tortellini.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 163
I fixed a Mahatma brand Spanish Rice, fortified with diced tomatoes and onions, with braised chicken thighs. I'll be taking some more of that along with me to work tonight.

a big fat ripe pear. wonderful
Oh that sounds good! I love them when they are really juicy... very refreshing.. always hits the spot. My mom got me hooked on them! They are much more satisfying than some other fruits.

Yesterday, I had cheese and crackers. I put them in the microwave and let the cheese melt a little.

On Sundays I eat dinner early, so I baked a Pork Roast. It has a simple crust of garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. There was a layer of fat on one side, so I simply scored it a left it fat side up. Baked to an internal temperature of 165 - Ohhh! It's good!!

Finished off the last of the turkey-rice soup. My nurses assistant loved it and appreciated that I brought him lunch, too. LOL! The assistants are the best way to get rid of leftovers...

We had hot dogs with fried onions and all the condiments with diet root beer! It was a great lunch to eat while watching the Olympic curling trials!

I had a chicken mayo sandwich - actual roast chicken not packet bought and prinkled some black pepper, tomatos andcucimber with some spring onion and lettuce :)

Back
Top Bottom