What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday (It is now wee hours, Saturday 1st) I just had a taste for Cuban sandwiches. So I told my husband to wait for me to get home for lunch (Friday mornings are my errand-running, exercise-class days). I bought bolita rolls (because they have a posted carb count, which a lot of our bread here doesn't, and it has a similar texture to the Cuban bread we could get anywhere in Florida), some roast pork, ham, etc. To get the right effect, I make the sandwiches. Then I heat two heavy skillets. One I spray with olive oil spray. Put the sandwiches on it, then take the other (this is the one that needs to be heavy). Spray the top of the sandwiches, then smash them with the bottom of the second (heated) skillet. Turn and repeat. Who needs George Foreman?
I LOVE CUBAN SANDWICHES! I like your method, even though I use my little George Foreman. The last one I made was on a ciabatta roll. That time I didn't bother with George.
img_893757_0_4de0c8f246618919aefbbd8aea6cc256.jpg

Here is another version that I made using my George. I sliced them in to strips. That version had bacon.
img_893757_1_ba09e4f25cb80cae776b2a586b8df1ee.jpg

That is something I haven't had in a long time! My Mom got me hooked on it when I was a teenager.

And, I love that you had to have green tea with your asian soup! I have so many different kinds of tea in my cupboard (green included) that it's coming out my ears! :wacko:

I have V-8 juice daily...especially when I'm working. It's the only way I can get all my veggies in...it helps that I love it.

Green tea is also a daily item. I use the tea bag twice and usually have it cold. I have a cupboard full of different teas, too! I grew up drinking it and I like trying different ones.

I LOVE CUBAN SANDWICHES! I like your method, even though I use my little George Foreman. The last one I made was on a ciabatta roll. That time I didn't bother with George.

Here is another version that I made using my George. I sliced them in to strips. That version had bacon.

Okay, now I'm hungry again!:pig:

Homemade Split Pea with Ham Soup, Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich (Honey Baked Smoked Ham, and Rich, Creamy Local Swiss on Grilled Jewish Rye).

The soup is the kind that keeps drawing you into the kitchen to sample it while it simmers away in the crock pot. ;)

A turkey ham & swiss cheese sandwich on whole-grain bread with coarse-ground mustard, baby lettuce from the farmers market, & roasted red peppers.

Split a sandwich with dh.soft french roll, onions, pepproncinis,tomato,lettuce with evoo,vinegar, pickles,salami and swiss some chips.Ice tea.
I'm stuffed
kades:)

Tonight will be ham and shrimp jambalaya, more grapes and V-8, green tea and water. Taking the 2 qt crock pot so I can share the jambalaya.

:LOL: So, am I! I'm thinking of making one for dinner now. I have leftover roast to make Mark a pot pie. We were going to go out, but I have been under the weather, but I'm not too sick to make dinner or eat.

I ended up with an Elk pot roast with potatoes, carrots and gravy. My nurse's aide made it and brought it in for our meal. I think for tomorrow, when I get of work in the morning, I'll hit the deli and bakery and make some Cubanos...they still look good.

One of our local supermarkets has started carrying headcheese packaged in 1-1-2" thick "slabs" (for no better word), instead of the usual sandwich slices.

Since I love the stuff, bought a piece & enjoyed it today for lunch atop a bed of farmers market baby lettuce sprinkled with extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, dry oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, a little grated parmesan, & a dash of salt. Delicious!

I added some crumbled Ricotta Insalata cheese & oil-&-vinegar salad dressing to the leftover couscous with spinach & chickpeas we had as a side to dinner the other night & made a nice salad out of it.

Lunch was a spinach, garlic and pesto wrap (burrito size) stuffed with smoked ham salad (Hormel brand canned smoked ham flaked with mayo, celery, green onion (scallion), red and green bell pepper, salt and ground 4 blend peppercorns) and I used baby spinach instead of lettuce on the wrap and served dried cherries and cranberries on the side. This is my 1/2, I shared wrap with my daughter.

img_896045_0_4fab60ccce3e86881f0d3c6da92fa5cd.jpg

Now I need to figure out an exciting and new way to serve pork chops.

Too much chocolate.
:ermm:
After having tried to have a carnation instant breakfast shake (not really all that hungry), and it was "sour" with pieces in it... Not a good day for ingesting anything...

Lunch was a replay of yesterdays smoked ham salad wrap. With a few additions. I added chopped dried cherries and dried cranberries and a very small amount of chopped slivered almonds to the salad. I spread the wrap with some dried fruit sauce left over from last night which got nice and thick and used mixed spring greens to top. On the side are dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, dried apricot and slivered almonds.

Ham salad with veggies and fruit added before mayo was added

img_896181_0_1558e6362d3b31ab0f7c4437009e3629.jpg

Dried fruit sauce spread on the wrap

img_896181_1_66ef272dd9a1ab0b526b47df1262d4bb.jpg

Mixed spring greens and salad with mayo added ontop of the fruit sauce

img_896181_2_f35c0170dde5897771c2bd60232077d7.jpg

Served with dried fruits and nuts

img_896181_3_8f263ef11b4e2ebc2fb852e74961d640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom