What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
since i am short, it is hard to find petites sometimes. i have three pair of causal pants to be hemmed. that is my next project. i still haven't done the album for my great granddaughter. haven't figured out why i keep putting it off. if i don't hurry up she will be grown and married. lol. just kidding, she is only four. maybe i just got sewed out at christmas. nothing that i see beyond that. i have been organizing my kitchen stuff. bought a plastic cart on wheels for under an island. have a wire cart to pick-up at walmart this week. gonna put some small appliances on it to free up some cabinet space.that is not terribly a crafty thing, though.

since i am short, it is hard to find petites sometimes. i have three pair of causal pants to be hemmed. that is my next project. i still haven't done the album for my great granddaughter. haven't figured out why i keep putting it off. if i don't hurry up she will be grown and married. lol. just kidding, she is only four. maybe i just got sewed out at christmas. nothing that i see beyond that. i have been organizing my kitchen stuff. bought a plastic cart on wheels for under an island. have a wire cart to pick-up at walmart this week. gonna put some small appliances on it to free up some cabinet space.that is not terribly a crafty thing, though.

I bought a bunch of sweat pants, but only one was the petite (I'm 5'4"). Today's pair dragged all day. Oh well, getting the mending done or altering things tend to get me thinking about something new.

I've been toying with the idea of salvaging all the denim packets and sew them onto the piece of light denim that I cut off the bottom of the dress. It's a couple of yards long and 12" wide.

Maybe a wall hanging over/behind my sewing desk. Hmmm.

I bought a bunch of sweat pants, but only one was the petite (I'm 5'4"). Today's pair dragged all day. Oh well, getting the mending done or altering things tend to get me thinking about something new.

I've been toying with the idea of salvaging all the denim packets and sew them onto the piece of light denim that I cut off the bottom of the dress. It's a couple of yards long and 12" wide.

Maybe a wall hanging over/behind my sewing desk. Hmmm.

I'm 5' 0", if I can't get petites, I do without! It's why I buy men's jeans, I can't get women's jeans most of the time in the length I need.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I'm 5' 0", if I can't get petites, I do without! It's why I buy men's jeans, I can't get women's jeans most of the time in the length I need.

I'm also 5'0". I buy clothes at this local store that buys and sells used brand name clothes, get the size that fits me the best, then pay $5-10 to get them hemmed. I only pay $8-20 for the jeans, depending on the brand, so then I practically have tailor made jeans. Works great

I like and own several Men's shirts. They are pretty AND they have at least one pocket!

One pair of sweat pants that I have to shorten, has 4 pockets, the rest have none!

Anyway, my project today is to get started on shortening the sweat pants. Changing colors, making bobbins :ermm:

I am trying to learn to crochet. Actually I have been working at this off and on for about 30 years (I am 70).

I know how to crochet BUT have so much trouble with the tension. It is easier with big thread but I want to try some stars.

Carol

I am trying to learn to crochet. Actually I have been working at this off and on for about 30 years (I am 70).

I know how to crochet BUT have so much trouble with the tension. It is easier with big thread but I want to try some stars.

Carol

I have some doilies and 'antimacassars' that my grandmother made many years ago (they're old - I'm 70, like you). When they came into my hands, I just flat decided I'd never be able to do anything so intricate and so moved on to something else - I don't remember what - but not requiring such skill. It's good to see that the crocheting bug lives on, and I wish you many happy hours. :)

Liz

i finally finished the princess album for my great granddaughter. she will be so surprised . so onto pants hemming.

Atta girl! You should feel proud of yourself.

I found a new project too. This week when I went shopping I got a couple of hand towels from the Family Dollar store to use on the arm rests of my recliner. They look better going crossways on the arms and are long enough to fold up to make pockets across one end for remote, phone, etc.

I "pinned" them both up with paper clips and have put them by the machine and picked out a spool of thread to match. I do still have some sweat pants to shorten, but they need washing first.

Keep it up, BabeToo. Hopefully we can keep each other inspired enough to keep going.:LOL:

Last edited:
thanks, i really need to make some more hot pan holders. i make out of hand towels that comes with the set. never have a use in the bathroom. i keep a paper towel holder, always full on the counter. if i were a guest would not want to use the family hand towel. i double the pan holders and they work very well. i have something similar on my rocker in the sun room. mostly so my arms don't rest on just the hard wood. pockets sound interesting.

was cleaning out the magazine rack in my sunroom this morning. in a large baggie i found a scarf i started knitting. don't have a clue how long ago that was. it is white, one of those little narrow scarves that have been popular for a while. so that's what i need to work on now.

I am making dresses for my daughter with my ornamental yet out of date sarees.

Excellent party wears can be made with old pure silk sarees with zari borders.

was cleaning out the magazine rack in my sunroom this morning. in a large baggie i found a scarf i started knitting. don't have a clue how long ago that was. it is white, one of those little narrow scarves that have been popular for a while. so that's what i need to work on now.

At one point long ago, I found that I had so many semi-finished items like needlepoint pillow tops, crewel embroidery pillow tops etc., etc., that I had to make it my project to finish them all. I bought backing materials, piping for seams until every single pillow was complete and usable...plus I had a good time doing it.

I sewed the pockets on one of the hand towels and it works great. I just made two narrow pockets on the ends and left a larger space in the middle. I only have a TV tray as a side table on that side of my recliner, so the extra space is appreciated.

I also make music. Here is one band that I am in. All of us have been friends since highschool. Some of us still play full time with other bands. We have been getting together for quite a few years now to record some songs. The guitar player, Paul, has a recording studio in his basement. It is mostly a hobby project, because we haven't played live for over a year. It is a reason for us to get together and catch up over a few beers and tunes. If you click on "Tunes" you can hear some of the stuff we do.
The Sawchucks - Home Page

Last edited:
well still don't have the pants shortened. they are for winter so really should get going.

newest one is sewing badges on my great granddaughter's vest. i have forgotten what she earned them for and where. she is to young for brownies. something at their church i think.

then granddaughter's sister wants me to make a retro pillow out of a t-shirt she had. haven't seen it yet so not sure how i will do it.

the scarf i was making has to be started again. i messed it up and couldn't figure out how to fix it. not the best knitter in the world.

I stole another couple of back pockets from some men's jeans to add to a men's chambray long sleeve work shirt.

The shirt has two breast pockets with flaps and buttons. I removed part of the flap seam on the left pocket so that I can clip a pen in the pocket without unbuttoning it.

The shirt is really long so I want to add the back pockets to the lower end of the front of the shirt as patch pockets for my hands. The pockets are a darker denim and should look nice plus add a place I can keep my hands warm.

These ideas came from a long denim jacket I found where someone had added crochet doilies, ribbon, buttons, etc., making a cute, whimsical piece out of it. I had to leave the jacket behind when I moved, but the ideas are still good.

I also make music. Here is one band that I am in. All of us have been friends since highschool. Some of us still play full time with other bands. We have been getting together for quite a few years now to record some songs. The guitar player, Paul, has a recording studio in his basement. It is mostly a hobby project, because we haven't played live for over a year. It is a reason for us to get together and catch up over a few beers and tunes. If you click on "Tunes" you can hear some of the stuff we do.
The Sawchucks - Home Page

Oh my, you must be about the same age as me. That is my kind of music. You guys really are good.

I am making dresses for my daughter with my ornamental yet out of date sarees.

Excellent party wears can be made with old pure silk sarees with zari borders.

Please share pictures!

Sarees are so beautiful and graceful. I love the way they look.

Tsxlady and RockLobster - I agree. I could sit and listen to that! RL- As TL said, you guys really are good!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom