What Else Do You Make Besides Food Stuffs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I bought the yarn for the hanging plastic bag holder/dispenser, I bought a couple of extra balls since they were on sale and I had another project in mind.

Don't know about anybody else but I hate taking bowls used to heat up food out of the microwave because they are usually so hot. I had seen bowl cozies before so thought I'd make some. If you use 100% cotton yarn, you can put the cozy on the bowl before heating and then use the handles to lift the bowl out so no more burned hands! The cozies also insulate the bowls so hot foods stay hot longer, and I can personally attest to that, and cold foods, like ice cream, should also stay cold longer. I made 2 for each size bowls we have.

Now, I need to decide what to do with the leftover yarn, a hot mat or a dish scrubber.

20240218_100646.jpg
20240216_120654.jpg

When I bought the yarn for the hanging plastic bag holder/dispenser, I bought a couple of extra balls since they were on sale and I had another project in mind.

Don't know about anybody else but I hate taking bowls used to heat up food out of the microwave because they are usually so hot. I had seen bowl cozies before so thought I'd make some. If you use 100% cotton yarn, you can put the cozy on the bowl before heating and then use the handles to lift the bowl out so no more burned hands! The cozies also insulate the bowls so hot foods stay hot longer, and I can personally attest to that, and cold foods, like ice cream, should also stay cold longer. I made 2 for each size bowls we have.

Now, I need to decide what to do with the leftover yarn, a hot mat or a dish scrubber.

View attachment 68044View attachment 68045
That's really nice looking and it would be handy too. Excellent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom