What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
woohoo, c-dubya's back! :punk:

i've been getting into a variation on a nighttime snack for breakfast lately.

a cheese sandwich (land-o-lakes american cheese) on soft white bread with raw onions and guldens spicy brown mustard.

Kashi cereals, half Strawberry Fields, half Go Lean. Really like them together. Didn't hold a candle to yesterday's at a favorite local spot though: Spinach, bacon and cheddar omelet with redskin home fries (the cubed ones). Seasoned with something yummy and fried up either with or w/o onions. :yum:

img_1273813_0_95fe37272113f3a294a90b62729b2744.jpg

img_1273813_1_861705e129b3d48becce6ab4dafb4b39.jpg

img_1273813_2_a419b8cb1a757181f9e8616c9abe7fc0.jpg

Thanks for the great photos, Scotty - they look scrumptious. I've never tried making them, but for some reason I had always thought of those muffins as being baked in the oven.

There are recipes for both ways to cook them. We have this grill so we tried it first. After 3 attempts we came up with a product we think is very close to the Thomas's. muffins. We then doubled the recipe to make them thicker. We are very satisfied with the size and taste.

I was hot after my walk with the dogs this morning, so I made a nice cold fruit smoothie. Strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, whey protein, water, and ice. I have just started eating berries again. I added enough exercise to my daily routine that I can have a few more carbs and still keep losing weight. Berries are so wonderful. I grew up having blueberries almost every day. Why did I ever stop? :D

On Sunday, I made breakfast sandwiches and froze them. Egg, sausage and Havarti cheese on English muffins for me, sausage and American cheese on English muffins for DH. Wrap individually in paper towels, place in a zipper-top bag and freeze. Microwave for one minute and it's defrosted and heated. So I've had those for the last two days. Good stuff.

DH came home with a Micky D"s egg white mc muffin with Canadian bacon and egg white plus cheese so yummy I loved it. he also got me a potato with ketchup and wonderful hot coffee. now can I match this? I'll try :)
kades

Been wanting to try those, Ma!

Oh, and the homemade Egg McMuffins, I used to make up bunches of them, and freeze.

On Sunday, I made breakfast sandwiches and froze them...Good stuff.

I've got a couple homemade ones in our freezer too! Used to make all kinds of things and then freeze when the kids were in high school. One of their faves was scrambled eggs with something (mushrooms, bacon, sausage bits) and a cheese rolled up in a flour tortilla wrapper. They'd rummage through the freezer the night before to see what was there, then pick something and put it in the fridge overnight. Nuke and run out the door in the AM.

Our crazy son's sometimes favorite thing was two waffles, toasted, then spread with apple butter and put together into a sandwich. Never did get that one. :ermm:

I made an omelet with bacon pieces and avocado slices, then melted some mozz cheese on top (didn't have provolone :ohmy: which I like better on this). Toasted a slice of bread too.

i'm trying to decide between a cheese and mustard sandwich; a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich; ham, lettuce, mayo, and doritos sandwich; or leftover fried chicken.

Back
Top Bottom