What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YUM!
Can I come over to your house?
No one else in my family likes Pumpkin pie, but me.
I could eat that for each meal, it's got a`coupla of
the food groups covered, right?
You've got your serving (maybe more ;)) of fruit
eggs (protein)
milk/cream (3 a day dairy)
That's sounds like a perfect start to the day,
a cuppa joe and your set!

Actually, it's a VEGETABLE!!!!:w00t2::w00t2: Get a couple servings of those out of the way first thing in the morning!

Crab pate (bought) on artisan potato & rosemary sourdough bread with rocket leaves.

Turkey, white rice, and maybe scrambled egg whites with oregano and parsley. I'm undecided on the last bit! Will have this with a variation of a fruity drink.

Last edited:
Having scrambled eggs with brie and "Everything Bagel" seasoning (found that out at Costco made by McCormick). Coffee with cream.

had 2 eggs over hard with white american cheese on them, 2 home made breakfast sausage links, 2 pieces of bacon, an onion bagel {thomas's}, turkey hash, and a bowl of home fries cooked up with onions and mushrooms...

oh and a glass of nesquick.... made from the syrup with skim milk...

Now I am resting my heart....

Last edited:
Quite an unusual brunch for me today. Had artisan toast (potato & rosemary bread) with goose rillette on one slice and beef jerky slices and gouda cheese on the other.

had 2 eggs over hard with white american cheese on them, 2 home made breakfast sausage links, 2 pieces of bacon, an onion bagel {thomas's}, turkey hash, and a bowl of home fries cooked up with onions and mushrooms...

oh and a glass of nesquick.... made from the syrup with skim milk...

Now I am resting my heart....
Not heard of turkey hash...is that something you buy or make? Minced turkey? I am in UK - corned beef hash is the norm here. Just did a quick search...cooked turkey, potatoes and egg?

Last edited:
Not heard of turkey hash...is that something you buy or make? Minced turkey? I am in UK - corned beef hash is the norm here. Just did a quick search...cooked turkey, potatoes and egg?

We have a large array of turkey recipes in the US, since once a year we cook a turkey large enough to feed the neighborhood and then try and think of what to do with all the leftover, lol..
if you googled turkey hash you were probably bombarded with recipes, I dont see how someone could not get it edible, its simple.. I like this Cooking: Hash Times Three - The Boston Globe I have also made guy fieri's version which is also delicious..

very similar to the normal hash just shredded turkey, and maybe sweet potatoes...

Last edited:
Bacon stuffed rolls, cheese omelet,sausage,taters.

img_1407587_0_dcc8c62634c18741d7b333c2fde3bb20.jpg
img_1407587_1_612b7f6a83b2d9d5d8c0d9c9350bb29b.jpg

Last edited:
The other day I made chicken broth with rendered fat from the fat and skin and the bones from a chicken breast, removed any of the stuck on meat, chopped and returned it to the broth, added:diced 1/2 cup onion and 1 cup diced mushrooms, Now here it becomes fuzzy, I know I added about two teaspoons of dried chives. I cooked this all down until the broth was cooked away and stashed the remains in the fridge. made about 1/2 cup.

Breakfast this morning: 1 egg, 2 egg yolks scrambled. I heated up about half of the chicken concoction and added in the eggs to cook up.

While quite ugly to look at it was amazing in taste...made a Virgin Mary with the left over egg whites. Probably blew my protein and carb macros for the day.

Pretty ugly, gloomy, rainy day here today so having a pleasant breakfast was a positive start to our day.

We had Belgian-style yeast waffles (recipe compliments of the nice folks at King Arthur Flour), fried pork sausage patties, orange juice, coffee.

The waffle batter can be made the night before and refrigerated, which I think makes them better. Each section is pretty substantial and we could only eat 3 each, along with the other breakfast foods. They are beautiful waffles and, best of all, there are enough left to have another yummy breakfast.

Yesterday was grated cauliflower "rice," a vegetarian "sausage" patty topped with a poached egg. I've been on a cauliflower rice kick this week...maybe it's me, but I prefer the purple cauliflower...I know it isn't supposed to taste different, but it seems to have less of that strong taste people don't like re: white cauliflower.

Back
Top Bottom