What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Mom always rinsed the dried beef. Well, technically, she had me rinse it. Her SOS was so good my Dad actually enjoyed it...and he ate enough of the army's version over the years he served to know good from bad.

My Mom used to make S.O.S. when I was a boy. I've made it. But chipped beef is really expensive now. It used to be cheap. I loo ed it. But then, I loved all kinds of food, and still do.

Today's breakfast was cream of wheat, sweetened with brown sugar, with vanilla and butter added to make it into a butterscotch flavored hot cereal. Added a bit of milk to thin it out. Yum. Got a little tired of eggs every morning. Though I haven't made a french onelet in a while. Guess that's what I'll make for breakfast tomorrow.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

psstttt.. we had our breakfast for dinner today..

Ross

Attachments

• Biscuits and Gravy.jpg
    Biscuits and Gravy.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 123
Lately it's been peanut butter crackers and coffee unless Mom makes a specific request, but the crackers and coffee are a good go to so I can take my morning insulin without going too low.

Today's Sunday Brunch will be chorizo and eggs, Ranch Style Beans generously seasoned with Tapatio salsa picante, warm buttered flour tortillas, and hot chocolate.

Chorizo-Eggs-Refried-Beans.jpg

Last edited:
Today's breakfast was left over fried rice with baby peas, carrot, diced onion, and diced chicken breast, all seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and Chinese 5-spice powder. Oh, and it had some ginger added as well, but no soy sauce for this dish of leftovers. I just wasn't in the mood for soy sauce. I should have splashed some Tabasco, and Sriracha sauce into it. Oh well,it was tasty anyway.

I had a bowl of Cream of Wheat with a little bit of sugar and cream, and a sliced apple on the side. Coffee.

Finished my last bowl of "tomato-sauerkraut-cabbage-carrot-Brussel sprout-cargo rice hot and sour stroup" topped with two poached eggs and drizzled with sriracha and lime juice. Time to make another pot. It was so frigging good.

I had roasted red pepper hummus (store bought) on a slice of toasted sourdough. A handful of fresh blueberries and sliced apple for a side. Water to wash it all down.

Today was Maalt O Meal with brown sugar, and a protein shake made of Nepro, Cranberry juice, frozen strawberries. High protein breakfast. Followed it all up with ice water. Tasted pretty good, and filled me up. Saturday had two easy-over eggs, cooked in bacon grease, and put on top of toasted English muffins. This was followed by a fresh pair and cranberry juice. Keeping it high protein, High nutrition, and minimal liquid. It's what my hody requires right now.

Piece of Ham Steak that I didn't cook with last night's ham dinner......

Ham & Eggs, Fried Baby Yukons with Sweet Peppers - the BIG English Muffin ...

Ham & Eggs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom