What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might have to get on Amazon and see what I can find. I don't want to have to cut sheets. I have a big roll of just brown paper that I used to cover the counter whenever I make noodles and then I have some parchment but they're kind of too big of a sheet so I'm looking to see if I can find any good sized some kind of sheets and then maybe I might make this again. I really did enjoy the one I thought out and heated last night.
Our grocery stores do carry the cut sheets of parchment paper. They are folded in 4ths and split very easy on the creases. I use have of a sheet for my small sheet pans.

You might check the local Restaurant Supply stores too. If you have a Chef'store or Smart & Final or Cash & Carry...or whatever they may be calling themselves in your area (all the same stores)...they might have just the perfect size for you.

I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper to use the stuff you have and cut it to size.
Yeah but I like to use that for a big area. It's on a huge roll like a Christmas roll and I don't know if it's waxed but I think it is and you can't put that in the microwave because I just did some more research on it after reading the tips on here. I think parchment paper is what I need but it does come in 9x13 sheets which might be a little larger than I need. Whereas the deli sheets come in 10x10 or 12x12. But I think a lot of those are waxed. Then I'm going to stick it all in a big gallon bag. I think I may have some parchment sheets in there but I don't think they're 9x13 but I'm going to check it out because I'm pretty sure they're too large for what I'm doing with these little breakfast burritos.

I might have to get on Amazon and see what I can find. I don't want to have to cut sheets. I have a big roll of just brown paper that I used to cover the counter whenever I make noodles and then I have some parchment but they're kind of too big of a sheet so I'm looking to see if I can find any good sized some kind of sheets and then maybe I might make this again. I really did enjoy the one I thought out and heated last night.
How do you feel about using plastic wrap...forgive me if you already nixed that idea...I'm asking because I do Breakfast Sandwiches (like a copycat McMuffin), and the instructions say to wrap in plastic wrap and then put into a zip lock and freeze. When you want to reheat one, you just vet one end of the plastic so the sandwich doesn't "steam" and become soggy. I find it easy enough for the sandwiches and great/easy/quick breakfast.

How do you feel about using plastic wrap...forgive me if you already nixed that idea...I'm asking because I do Breakfast Sandwiches (like a copycat McMuffin), and the instructions say to wrap in plastic wrap and then put into a zip lock and freeze. When you want to reheat one, you just vet one end of the plastic so the sandwich doesn't "steam" and become soggy. I find it easy enough for the sandwiches and great/easy/quick breakfast.
I just hate wrestling with plastic wrap.

I used to have that problem...then, I found the Reynolds brand with the built in cutter. It works well for me. But, I do have to think about what I'm doing...pull it straight out and lay it out on the counter. Then, it is easy.
Mine have cutters on them but they just stick to themselves and I am not a patient person.

I just hate wrestling with plastic wrap.
So do I. I would cut a piece of parchment paper and save the leftover bits. Sometimes I lose them. Sometimes I get annoyed at always finding them in the parchment paper container and throw them in the recycling, but sometimes I actually use the scraps. ;)

I used up the last of the chicken salad on Georgia crackers (Ritz type)
and always coffee.
I too had the last of the chicken salad yesterday, but today, split the smallest cantaloupe ever with hobby and pups; not enuff for me, so a piece of wwheat toasted with schmaltz, coffee earlier.

I was trying to think what kind of paper I can wrap them in. I'm not sure where to get deli paper here since I'm not in the restaurant business. Well I'm not going to make a huge batch of them again because it wore me out but yes it would be a lot more convenient to wrap them in paper and put in a container. Thanks
This is the type of stuff I use. I buy it at the Big Box store (Costco, perhaps) in boxes of 500 sheets for about 16 dollars for 2 boxes. They come in pop-up boxes like a box that you would pull tissues from. They do not feel as waxy as regular wax paper. And they are thinner, and not as stiff. I use the sheets to line my adorable little red baskets sometimes as well. I wrap sandwiches for picnics, veggies for packing, etc.

I would not microwave in regular wax paper, but this works really well for me. The food does not get soggy unless you nuke it way too long or too high. The wax does not melt onto things either.

This is the type of stuff I use. I buy it at the Big Box store (Costco, perhaps) in boxes of 500 sheets for about 16 dollars for 2 boxes. They come in pop-up boxes like a box that you would pull tissues from. They do not feel as waxy as regular wax paper. And they are thinner, and not as stiff. I use the sheets to line my adorable little red baskets sometimes as well. I wrap sandwiches for picnics, veggies for packing, etc.

I would not microwave in regular wax paper, but this works really well for me. The food does not get soggy unless you nuke it way too long or too high. The wax does not melt onto things either.
When I was researching about these papers, it was saying it likes the waxed papers for freezing and it said to put the waxy side up next to the meat. I really didn't understand that. And then it said not to microwave in them but I got to believe that some of them are fine to microwave in like you say. I would think that if you wrapped them with the waxy side out it couldn't hurt anything.

Dippy egg with wholegrain toast.
Dippy egg.jpg

LOL Dippy egg and soldiers!
Remember the old style "egg cups"?
The hold the egg in one side and the stand is on the bottom. Still available and quite common.
We had cups that the bottom would hold the egg in the shell upright to eat as a dippy egg.
The other side was much larger for scooping the entire egg into, mixing/stirring up for eating. Which is how I used to do it, I liked to eat both equally mixed and hated getting pieces of shell. I wasn't very dexterous.
My older brother also preferred to use that side as he usually had two eggs and couldn't be bothered with delicately dipping and scooping. :-p

Back
Top Bottom