What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christmas Brunch - Baked eggs with fresh chorizo, black beans, and potatoes; toasted Healthful® multi-grain bread with butter and apricot pineapple preserves, coffee and mango mimosas

Tenderloin steak pieces with 2 eggs over easy.

i introduced my boy to steak and eggs the other day. he loved it!

somewhere, he heard that cowboys eat steak and eggs so he was interested, but i pointed out that they eat their eggs with runny yolks over the steak. until now, my boy would only eat eggs that had the yolks broken when frying and were cooked solid.

but i took a leftiver grilled strip steak, reheated it in the pan in butter, then put it aside and cooked 3 eggs sunny side up with the whites just barely set and the yolk fully runny, sliding them over the steak with a side of buttered rye toast.

i was tempted to open a can of baked beans to complete the cowboy theme, but i didn't have time. he loved it so much i had to hack away one of the eggs and a piece if steak before he finished the whole thing.

i have to admit that it was delicious with the warm yolk running down over a smokey, grilled hunk o' cow.

and now the little guy, when asked what he wants for breakfast, says steak and eggs.

i think i'll pick up some small steaks this week; whatever is on sale, tenderize and grill them, then make steak and eggs again since my boy is off from school. i might get motivated and make bacon grease and paprika home fries for a side. :pig:

Poppy seed bread & homemade donuts with coffee & bailey's. It's great to enjoy Time with alot of family over the Christmas holiday.

Had a very leisurely breakfast this a.m. One fried egg, italian sausage patty, sliced oranges,slice of rye toast and a cup of the yummiest gingerbread latte. Couldn't finish the orange but felt like I had pampered myself a little. It's a good thing.

I won't eat until well after one p.m. So I am going to make the spinach, angel hair pasta Alfredo Sauce again. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. :yum:

I just this morning received my Nordicware micro egg cooker. So I heated a medium saute pan and added a little butter. I placed two halves of hamburger buns face down to lightly toast, and at the same time lightly fried a slice of sandwich ham, adding a slice of cheese on top of the cooked ham to melt a little. I nuked a lightly stirred egg in the Nordic egg cooker for 40 sec. Put the whole thing together and had me a Breakfast Jack with a cup of coffee. Pretty tasty.

You know that breakfast I was going to have around one p.m.? Well I made it, took three bites of a well made Alfredo and that is all I could eat. Grrr! I should have waited until three or four o'clock. :rolleyes:

The thing with me about eating just a bowl of cereal in the morning is, it makes me ravenously hungry about 2 hours later. :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks, you guys reminded me to get the week's oatmeal started in the rice cooker! I put some harvest grain mix in it...hope it cooks up nicely!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom