What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that looks delicious, cws. i so miss having a garden....
It was, and I have to say. I had some br rice with steamed pea pods for a snack/lunch around 2:00, about 1/2 c of strawberries with just black pepper on them, and now, for the third day in a row, I'm not really hungry. Had about an ounce of cheese and a small salad using greens from the garden. Put the pork medallion I impulsively pulled out the freezer, back.

Back to my experiment re: making breakfast and lunch count for more calories than supper, I have found that I'm sleeping better. Today's breakfast: quinoa, steamed kale, and strawberries.

Back to my experiment re: making breakfast and lunch count for more calories than supper, I have found that I'm sleeping better. Today's breakfast: quinoa, steamed kale, and strawberries.
No quinoa here--still in the fridge at the farm. I had two poached eggs and 1/2 c barley, steamed kale, and 1/2 c strawberries with chia seeds and black pepper. I'm stuffed, ice water to which I added 1T cider vinegar.

since you have the luxury of feasting on the freshest eggs in creation on a daily basis, are there some ways that you incorporate raw eggs into your meals?

my usual breakfast, old fashioned oatmeal with a sprinkling of raw sugar and coffee. I've eaten this same breakfast for months, sometimes I sprinkle in with walnuts and frozen blueberries. I really love oatmeal!

since you have the luxury of feasting on the freshest eggs in creation on a daily basis, are there some ways that you incorporate raw eggs into your meals?
I sometimes make eggnog like my mom used to make when I was a child and sick; other than that, mayo, ... Cesar salad dressing. I limit myself to two/day (and I usually eat Harriet and Myrtle's eggs--they are the biggest).

Like Bakechef, my usual is a bowl of oatmeal sprinkled with fresh blueberries and mixed with a little almond milk, so the oatmeal isn't so gloppy. lol. And a sliced mango on the side. I love breakfast. :)

~cj

Week 2 of this "try to eat more in the morning thing." Today's breakfast is: 2 poached eggs, steamed Swiss Chard and beet greens, wild rice/barley/brown rice with mushrooms, a tossed salad (greens--lettuce, beet, escarole, radish, onion, baby beet and chia seeds, dressed with EVOO and cider vinegar, a bit of grated parm), a glass of quinoa milk. I anticipate I will be able to outlast an energizer bunny today.

Toasted onion bagel with a schmear of cream cheese, nova and thin sliced red onion!:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom