What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had breakfast for lunch, hash browns, wheat toast, 2 fried in butter eggs, 2 slices of bacon and apricot jam. I'm still full.Forgot the small glass of OJ and the coffee:yum:
kades

I would love to know how to make that...sounds so healthy and delicious! My lunch was simple today....sweet potato, crunchy garlicky fresh green beans, beets, and watermelon.
The name for the dish is Chana Saag. I asked a friend who is married to a gentleman from India for her recipe--she didn't have one! She did think this one looked "okay" but would not use the amount of curry leaves recommended (I find one or two curry leaves is enough in most recipes--or just leave them out). Some people leave out the tomatoes, others leave out the garlic and onion if using asafoetida. Others skip the asafoetida. Chana Saag is on my list of things to try--but I'll be using Swiss Chard from the garden instead of spinach. A google search turns up a number of recipes for this.

Sushi tray from Whole Paycheck, we split it. And a whole bunch of samples. :yum:

1 slice of light 12 grain bread filled with tuna salad & 1/2 serving of baked chips & a couple of pickle slices with a tall water.

ham & cheese sandwich on light 12 grain bread with yellow mustard & 1/2 bag of baked chips.

Today we went to Fasta Pasta and had 2 of the Chefs Specials

I had battered garfish and salt and pepper prawns with chips and salad and Steve had Veal medallions with mozzarella cheese and proscuittio in a mushroom sauce and italian roasted potatoes...we also had garlic bread :yum:

Lovely meal, quite expensive but well worth it :)

Today we went to Fasta Pasta and had 2 of the Chefs Specials

I had battered garfish and salt and pepper prawns with chips and salad and Steve had Veal medallions with mozzarella cheese and proscuittio in a mushroom sauce and italian roasted potatoes...we also had garlic bread :yum:

Lovely meal, quite expensive but well worth it :)
Sounds delicious! Sounds better than my lunch.

I had a cup of homemade bean & ham soup, a cracker & a gatorade.

Tuna salad and black pepper Triscuit, with a glass of skim milk.

Last edited:
lunch? where did the time go? I drank some fresh squeezed carrot juice and had one brazil nut and some raw pumpkin seeds...does that count?

Back
Top Bottom