What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL::LOL:

Some of it is. :ermm: There is still a lot to be done. I had to stop to finish laundry and start dinner. I'm just thankful I had leftovers to reheat.

Weekend at the in-laws. Porl loin with garlic mashed potatoes & maple glazed carrots with croissants & caramel rolls with good hot coffee.

I usually "brown bag it" to work. Today I had my favorite cheese sandwich along with a Macintosh apple and ginger snaps

Homemade chicken dumpling soup & a crust of freshly baked honey wheat bread with hard butter melted on it.

sounds good, simonbaker

I didn't have any lunch. The sandwich for breakfast was enough to hold me through the day. Tonight, at some point, I'm going to make either egg or ham salad for sandwiches.

Yep I usually get the Stauffers brand

I was just thinking about the holidays coming up. I bet Ginger Snaps crunched up with alittle softened butter and a pinch of salt (you'd have to blend it with a fork or a pastry blender. After that you press it into a pie plate/pan and prebake for about 5-10 min) would be a good pie crust for a holiday pie.... maybe some kind of a no-bake pie. This has nothing to do with lunch, but I had to post it while I was still thinking about it.

coming back to add.... your nick should be mine. Of all the cheeses I have tried, I have never met one I didn't like!

Last edited:
Vanilla Bean said:
I was just thinking about the holidays coming up. I bet Ginger Snaps crunched up with alittle softened butter and a pinch of salt (you'd have to blend it with a fork or a pastry blender. After that you press it into a pie plate/pan and prebake for about 5-10 min) would be a good pie crust for a holiday pie.... maybe some kind of a no-bake pie. This has nothing to do with lunch, but I had to post it while I was still thinking about it.

coming back to add.... your nick should be mine. Of all the cheeses I have tried, I have never met one I didn't like!

I haven't had much luck making pies but that is a good idea using ginger snaps :)

Btw I haven't met a cheese I didn't like except for Limburger. I usually steer clear of the processed kind

Great idea! Thanks for the tip. A butterscotch pie would be great inside that crust.

I did not have time to stop for lunch today so I drove thru taco bell for 2 hardshell supremes.

Brown bagged again today as usual. Had a tuna sammich with lettuce tomato and Swiss cheese, a green apple, and you guessed it ginger snaps! Luv them ginger snaps :)

Salad-in-a-bag. All stuff salad, with cottage cheese, apple and raisins, stored in a ziplock. Plate and throw on sunflower seeds and dressing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom