What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had the second half of my veal Marsala from dinner last night. Just as good today! That is one Italian dish I don't try to make myself. DH can't stand mushrooms so it would not be worth it to make it just for me. I'd have to make him something else and I refuse to cook different meals for us. If there was a way to make it without mushrooms I'd give it a go but they are much too important an ingredient to omit.

I was going to go and get a small sausage or eggplant sub. I checked the temp, 92ºF out. I can't breath in that heat. So I made one pancake. I just put a pat of butter and a small sprinkling of sugar. I don't do the syrup thing unless it is pure maple. And that item is not on my affordable foods list.

But I did get a call from Poo. He will be here with my Farm Fresh Eggs. The chickens were screaming as the eggs were being kidnapped right from under them. My eggs will be here around four p.m. :angel:

I have an idea brewing...eggplant parmesan meatloaf...thin slices with a good marinara. Thinking, thinking...

I have an idea brewing...eggplant parmesan meatloaf...thin slices with a good marinara. Thinking, thinking...

Sounds promising. Just peel the eggplant though. Please? I hate eating eggplant with the skin left on. And eggplant is my favorite veggie.

A layer of meatloaf mixture. A layer of breaded eggplant, repeat ending with a layer of meatloaf. Or....

Sauteed eggplant slices lining the outside of a loaf pan with pieces overhanging the edge. Place meat mixture in pan, fold over eggplant that is overhanging. Like a tureen.

I think the layered one would make a prettier presentation when sliced. You could also put hard boiled eggs down the middle on top of the layer of eggplant. Then cover with meat mixture. :angel:

I'm having a fantastic lunch right now! I cut up a leftover hamburger from last night. To that I added a little leftover brown rice. Then put cut up bell peppers, celery, onion, and sugar snap peas on top. I drizzled Mr. Yoshida's cooking sauce over the top and covered it. I steamed it all in the microwave for two minutes, and now I am having a great lunch. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom