What is for Dinner, Sunday, April 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
It's going to be chicken tonight. I'm not sure if I want chicken legs or use chicken breasts in some recipe. I'll figure it out later

What are you having?

Caldo verde (soup with linquicia, red potatoes, and kale) and my homemade multi-grain bread (I'm locally famous for this bread). SO GOOD, if I do say so myself. I can't take credit for either recipe, however. Good old America's Test Kitchen. Between that and Cooking Light, I've cobbled some good recipes together over the years.

Ma's Sunday:LOL: Having several friends to share our dinner today should be fun. We are having filet steaks,penette pasta with pesto,topped with chopped tomatoes, butter lettuce, mache, avocado, red onion rings, tomato salad with parmesan crisps and meyer lemon dressing,garlic, parmesan bread, and for who ever wants some Luvs root veggies.Dessert just panna cotta with straberry coulis...Happy Sunday everyone
kades:)

I'm supposed to go to a potluck tonight but haven't seen the family for dinner more than once this whole week so I think I'll come home instead and make either stir fry or roast a chicken. Not sure which yet. I have to decide if the chicken will be OK if I toss it in and leave it til I get home.

I'm not cooking, recovering from a bout of diverticulitis , secondly, had to turn off the propane gas due to a gas leak in the kitchen . Will probably warm up some soup in the microwave.

DH is doing a Spatchcock Chicken on the Big Green Egg and I am in charge of the sides
Slaw and Pasta Salad.
C

I took some Italian sausage out of the freezer, we made it in class (Garde Manger II), and may do something with that. Not sure if I have pasta, but, I DO have eggs and flour. I think I may have some tomato product in the pantry.

I'm making a fresh batch of what I made last night...turkey, asparagus pasta primivera....today I am making a fresh batch of pasta dough with a friends chicken eggs....

sauteed some onions before adding the asparagus, thinned down about 12 ounces of ricotta cheese with some turkey broth from the can, and milk, then added some old bay seasoning and Penzeys salsa seasoning...added the turkey to the vegetables, added the cooked pasta and stirred in the ricotta sauce..it was delicious;)

I've decided...

I'm going to bake the chicken breast, seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning. I'll sliced that and serve it a top a garden salad with Italian dressing for Mark.

I'm going to coat chicken legs with either seasoned Bisquick or breadcrumbs and bake them in the oven..... roasted potatoes (craving potatoes lately)... some kind of vegie.. probably mixed vegetables.

Snitzel of some sort (pork tenderloin pounded thin, just haven't decided on the preparation), new potatoes, and a gargantuan salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom