What is "Thanks?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I argee that is seems like a non issue since we have never had a problem with members being competitive about the points. Also, the point system is still in place anyway, they are just calculated differently. Now it is one point per "thanks" instead of a variable amount. It seems like if there were any problems previously that this change will do nothing to address those problems.

i mean literally--how do you post a comment at a person's cp site? and omg, are we ever going to be busy clearing room for pms....:ohmy:

You can disable the PM notices if you like via your profile options. The comments will still appear on your profile in the same location as the old karma comments did.

To post a message on a members profile, go to their profile and click on the tab for Profile comments. You can leave a note that way.

Last edited:
i mean literally--how do you post a comment at a person's cp site? and omg, are we ever going to be busy clearing room for pms....:ohmy:

If you wish to leave a profile comment for someone that has thanked you you can go to their profile from the notification and leave it that way. If you respond to the PM you can send them a private message.

I don't remember ever seeing posts form members soliciting karma or boasting about karma totals. Seems like a non-issue.

It certainly seems some people are trying to accrue thanks though :rolleyes:

:LOL:

"Back in the day" ;) when we had karma... What I would do is click on the thread that is next to the comment, the same way it is now for thanks, look for that member who sent the karma and send them some back. I found that most folks usually had also said something in the thread.
Of course, if they hadn't posted anything and if their profile comments are turned off, then I would just say thanks for the karma in the thread, since I didn't feel it was PM worthy. It could still be done that way now.

What the heck is "thanks?" and who thought that was better than Karma? also, why did all the Karma we've accrued just disappear like so much dust? :(

I think it all started with this thread. :duckingandrunningforcover:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/the-liked-post-button-addon-75098.html

I am going to reply to my own post.

Members- If you have more computer knowledge then most and have a beneficial suggestion submit it to Site Administration.

Site Administration- If you make the decision to make this change. Start a thread that completely explains the change and the benefits. That would sure save a lot of confusion and flared tempers. JMHO

Last edited:
i just passed the century mark.

i'm kidding.

is there any way go get rid of the counter? this is nonsense!!! thanks and quick mesages of such, yes. a tally of it, no.

unless the software won't allow the seperation.

The tally isn't important, but I want to know how many comments are going to remain visible. Andy is right, it used to be ten. Its at least 24 now. I suspect 25 is going to be the limit.

I agree. The fact that someone takes the time to comment is what I count. A one-by-one counter makes no difference.

Back
Top Bottom