What is the best appetizer you have ever had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd have to say oysters ~ served to me directly from the oyster knife while I was perched on the kitchen counter trying to keep an eye on the crab that was boiling outside on the grill ... Simple. Perfect. And sublime.

oy

:heart:
Z

My buddy Bob started as a sous chef at a new restaurant and when i went to check the place out, he gave me and the g/f the VIP treatment and went off the menu for us. The very first thing he sent out was a thin slice of grilled clementine, topped with a perfectly seasoned and seared scallop, sliced thin, on top of that there was a fried basil leaf, with a tiny little pile of perfectly minced garlic, ginger, and a bit of the juice from the clementine, and a tiny bit of basil chiffonade on top of that. The most glorious 3 bites, and the best scallop, I have ever had.

The best ever was a simple slice of Proscuitto De Parma sliced moments before serving from a leg bought in Parma and broight to us while I was living in Switzerland.

I have never had proscuitto like that since. It was butter.

I'm not sure about the best I've had, but I know the best I've made was a spinach artichoke dip with cheese straight out of the slow cooker, with baked pita slices.

Yep, I'm an amateur. But it was amazing. :)

That's a great restaurant! I used to walk past it sometimes on my way to work and it was always packed.

Wonderful pictures of your family and hiking! I will tell my son about Wild Ginger and satay's made as you observe. I went to the first Starbucks in Seattle, being a passionate coffee maven, azillion years ago at one of the first
meetings of The international Association for Culinary Professionals and when free for a day or evening would roam around downtown seattle and of course tried Gooey Duck and oysters still with a shiver left!

Fresh spring rolls or potstickers..can't decide..both so yummy

L'Auberge Chez Francois (Great Falls, VA. Alsatian): Choucroute Garnie with smoked fish and some sort of butter sauce. Smoked sable, sturgeon, trout, salmon, and others with beautiful choucroute and the rich sauce. Incredible flavor balance.

EDIT: I had some duck confit empanadas with a mild green curry dipping sauce at Ceiba that were also pretty impressive. There was also something at the Newport Room in Bermuda that involved a quail egg, asparagus, pork belly, and some other stuff that while I can't recall what precisely was IN it, I can definitely recall eating it. Delicious.

Bruschetta topped with truffle oil, strucchino cheese, and grilled white peach.

edit:

I had it at the following place in SF. Would recommend it if you're ever thinking of italian food and in San Francisco.

Rose Pistola - Restaurant - San Francisco

hmmm I didn't realize Rose Pistola was still in existence. A "lost" friend of mine Reed Hearon, was the creator of that restaurant. I knew he wasn't there any more, and thought it wasn't either!

Every time I see this thread title, I think of the yummy morsels my friend Lauren Groveman made.... little chopped liver balls rolled in maple bacon and baked. :pig:

My husband and I love to get oysters on the half shell...he doctors up a great sauce with Horseradish and red sauce...and we have a Bloody Mary on the side to wash them down.. This is what we had in New Orleans several times on our last visit!

I had a croquetta at a Basque tapas place nearby recently. I think it must have been of crab. It was mind-meltingly delicious and about the size of a tangerine. SO good.

Wow Ironchef that sounds delish, gotta go to
Indian sheekh kabab and chicken tikka ( I love them both at my favorite joint in Devon Chicago, not an upscale place but really good food)
I have lived right off Devon devon my entire life. As an orthodox jew have always stuck w/ the strictly kosher establishments in the area which there are many. Many articals have been writen about the melting pot that is Devon. in just my area of devon going east to west you get alot of kosher food (all sorts from donuts to chinese), have middle eastern, russian, Indian. There is nothing you can't get here.

Fried green tomatoes topped with crab, bleu cheese remoulade, and drizzled with a balsamic reduction

my spinach pies

img_841724_0_5bebf0aaf5dc8de9cedc2ca51e14ba40.jpg

img_841724_1_b811796ec99d4a0bdb2957e2c6f964b7.jpg

to be honest I had a cajun shrimp po-boy quesadilla at bugaboo creek steak house the other night and it was simply amazing...but anything thats spicy and has cheese is a winner by me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom