What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazingly mild for our area this time of the year. It's only been in the low to upper 70s here. Normally, it is way beyond 80F, with humidity to match or beyond.

I'll take what is dished out because our house isn't air-conditioned and any mild weather makes life sooooo much more pleasant.

One of my delicious pleasures is sleeping with the sleeping porch (which is right off our bedroom) door open. I so love the "night sounds." Nothing like hearing the tree frogs and crickets as you go to sleep. Takes me back to our fabulous camping days.

beach pic

The usual:

903__MG_2743.jpg
where is this? it looks so familiar - if that is a pier in the background
I think I know...and by the way:bash:!!
just kidding;) I just really miss LA and will be glad to get back home!

where is this? it looks so familiar - if that is a pier in the background
I think I know...and by the way:bash:!!
just kidding;) I just really miss LA and will be glad to get back home!
That was taken from near the 8th Street lifeguard station in Hermosa Beach, looking pretty much due south.

The hill in the distance is the Palos Verdes Peninsula, which forms the southern end of the Santa Monica Bay and separates us from San Pedro and Long Beach.

In the distance to the right of the peninsula you can see the northern tip of Catalina Island (26 miles across the sea).

This map should help orient you:

lametro.gif

Monsoom came earlier this year. Generally in eastern part of India monsoon comes at the middle of June but this year monsoon came yesterday with continuous heavy rain.

We got a little rain during the night..We also were treated to a beautiful thunder and lightening show
kades

Lucky you, Babe. I'm 15 miles south of you and all I got was 2 minutes of rain. the thunder was nice tho. Had some sun today and now it's clouded up again and feels like rain, whatever that is.

It's been rather unseasonal the past week, cool with light rain for a couple of days, then a nice day, followed by more cool rainy weather. Yesterday was one of the nice days, as seen in this shot taken from the end of my street looking west by northwest with the sun setting over Malibu/Point Dume in the background (the Malibu coast runs east-west):

906__MG_5822.jpg

Unseasonably cool here. 70ish with hardly any humidity and a slight breeze. I think someone has moved Kentucky to another more-ideal planet. I'm lovin' this weather. Supposed to be this way all through the weekend. Yeah! I might go to Columbus Park Sunday afternoon and enjoy reading my book for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom