What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 74° with a decent NE wind (7 mph), with itsy bitsy little clouds scattered around. Perfect!

Yesterday it snowed all morning. We do need moisture, but it could have been rain. Oh well, one thing about the Pikes Peak region-the weather changes quickly. The sun is out this morning, and it is up to 42 degrees at this time. Our sunshine feels great-I'm at about 7000 feet above sea level so the sun is closer. :)

I'm anxiously awaiting snow...I know, I'm nuts!
Don't get me wrong, I like snow too, but I just wasn't ready for it yet. The only weather I don't care for would be strong wind or below zero weather.
I feel like we missed out on fall-went straight to winter. Maybe this week will go back to fall-my favorite time of year!

chopper said:
Don't get me wrong, I like snow too, but I just wasn't ready for it yet. The only weather I don't care for would be strong wind or below zero weather.
I feel like we missed out on fall-went straight to winter. Maybe this week will go back to fall-my favorite time of year!

And you will get a REAL Indian summer!

It's 82F and partly cloudy - very humid, burning off the 3-1/2" of rain we got last night - the forecast had been for scattered showers. Good grief.

I bought a real winter coat about a week before we moved to Montana from Wyoming...I never got to wear it and ended up mailing it back to my sister. I miss winter...LOL!

PrincessFiona60 said:
I bought a real winter coat about a week before we moved to Montana from Wyoming...I never got to wear it and ended up mailing it back to my sister. I miss winter...LOL!

I'm confused, PF. Montana doesn't have winter? You don't need winter coats? Montana is right next to North Dakota, where the air force parka is de rigeur nearly year round!

Oh, I get it. You live in Southern Montana!

Last edited:
I'm confused, PF. Montana doesn't have winter? You don't need winter coats? Montana is right next to North Dakota, where the air force parka is de rigeur nearly year round!

Oh, I get it. You live in Southern Montana!

Missoula is completely surrounded by mountains and we are only 3000 ft above sea level. We are in the "Banana Belt." We do get cold at times, but only for a few days and rarely get much snow. Eastern MT has high winds and it gets very cold. I wear sweaters most of the winter.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Missoula is completely surrounded by mountains and we are only 3000 ft above sea level. We are in the "Banana Belt." We do get cold at times, but only for a few days and rarely get much snow. Eastern MT has high winds and it gets very cold. I wear sweaters most of the winter.

Had no idea. I grew up on the flat, windy, frozen ND prairie. Iowa gets almost as frigid. Wonder if the ND folks realize how balmy Missoula is? Who needs California!

vitauta said:
dawg, i wouldn't have taken you for a tough little tundra lass--or a site moderator, either. when did that happen? congrats--to both! :)

Thanks Vit! Yeah, just checking out my tiara collection. Couple days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom