What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is -23C here, with windchill, -29C. We went snow shoeing in the back 40 yesterday. It was cold (not as cold as today), but the ice on the trees and weeds glistened like diamonds in the sun. Once the DH gets the photos developed, I'll post a couple in the Random Photo threads. I didn't bring the digital camera with because I had Cliff on a flexie--that was enough for me to handle since I had snow shoes on my feet--I opted to use my old, wooden frame teardrop snow shoes because the snow conditions were powder, not packed. For packed snow, I prefer my bearpaw ones. After being out in the fresh, cold air for an 1-1/2 hours, I was ready for a cup of hot chocolate followed by a nap.

Last edited:
If there is any way to add an insulating air gap to your window like putting some heavy plastic over the inside of it with tape, that would help a lot with the cold that is coming from it, Addie. A curtain will work some, but not anywhere as well as plastic would.

Only if I buy an extension ladder that will reach two stories. I have an insulated long curtain. The rod is only $1.00. If I were to use tape on the wall, it might take the pain off when I remove it. In the lease is two pages of what you can and cannot do. Most of the tenants ignore it. And they don't even read the complete lease. I do and I try to follow it. The one thing I did do was have my son tile the back wall over the stove and the backsplash over the sink without permission. Since this was considered an improvment to the property, I got away with it. I did hang a picture with a tiny nail. Sure enough when I had an inspection, they examined the hole. It was tiny enough to fix and cover up with paint. I am really grateful for being allowed to leave here. I don't want to mess it up. :)

It is -23C here, with windchill, -29C. We went snow shoeing in the back 40 yesterday. It was cold (not as cold as today), but the ice on the trees and weeds glistened like diamonds in the sun. Once the DH gets the photos developed, I'll post a couple in the Random Photo threads. I didn't bring the digital camera with because I had Cliff on a flexie--that was enough for me to handle since I had snow shoes on my feet--I opted to use my old, wooden frame teardrop snow shoes because the snow conditions were powder, not packed. For packed snow, I prefer my bearpaw ones. After being out in the fresh, cold air for an 1-1/2 hours, I was ready for a cup of hot chocolate followed by a nap.

What happened to snowmobiling? It would have been faster. :)

Only if I buy an extension ladder that will reach two stories. I have an insulated long curtain. The rod is only $1.00. If I were to use tape on the wall, it might take the pain off when I remove it. In the lease is two pages of what you can and cannot do. Most of the tenants ignore it. And they don't even read the complete lease. I do and I try to follow it. The one thing I did do was have my son tile the back wall over the stove and the backsplash over the sink without permission. Since this was considered an improvment to the property, I got away with it. I did hang a picture with a tiny nail. Sure enough when I had an inspection, they examined the hole. It was tiny enough to fix and cover up with paint. I am really grateful for being allowed to leave here. I don't want to mess it up. :)

It sounds like a heavy drape might be the only resolution for you then. Dinky is loving the 30's weather we're having. He goes out into the Florida Room, which is windows from floor to ceiling, and marches around in his Persian winter coat. (Ha-Ha, I'm not cold!:cat::bb::cat:)

It sounds like a heavy drape might be the only resolution for you then. Dinky is loving the 30's weather we're having. He goes out into the Florida Room, which is windows from floor to ceiling, and marches around in his Persian winter coat. (Ha-Ha, I'm not cold!:cat::bb::cat:)

Smart aleck cat!! :cool:

Smart aleck cat!! :cool:

You've got him pegged! Dinky has more attitude than any other cat I've ever had. He lets me hear it too! When I enter a room he's in, he'll raise his head up and MEOW at me. It's like he's saying "Hi there!" When something isn't to his satisfaction, he has no problem screaming at me too, and will continue to do so until I resolve the problem!:wacko:

You've got him pegged! Dinky has more attitude than any other cat I've ever had. He lets me hear it too! When I enter a room he's in, he'll raise his head up and MEOW at me. It's like he's saying "Hi there!" When something isn't to his satisfaction, he has no problem screaming at me too, and will continue to do so until I resolve the problem!:wacko:

Well we know who is the boss in that house!! :ohmy:

Bloody cold! -22C and getting colder. Windchill of -amillion or something like that. Sunny and clear though.

Waking up to the radio this morning they saif the high was at midnight 33F. Now it's 25F & temp.s are supposed to drop throughout the day. The weekend is predicting to get back up in the 40's. Relief is just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom