What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is freezing here this morning, 0.1 degrees :ohmy:

Sweetie, I'd feel sorry for you, but, you see, I've felt 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Often. That computes to -17.7778 in celsius. And don't even get me started on below-zero days! Frozen water pipes...cars won't start... And in the upper plain states they actually have to plug their cars into an engine block heater so the car will start. To those people "freezing" is still shorts weather.

OK, NOW I'm headed to the basement to work. Honest!

Last edited:
Yes, I know, same as the UK, they get it much colder than here, that is for sure!

We normally dont get it this cold here in Adelaide, so it is freezing to us :LOL:

I have noticed a trend though now, so it looks like it will be this cold in Winter from now on...still love Winter though :)

The only thing I like about winter is the beauty of the first snowfall. After that spring can come anytime, in fact immediately. :angel:

Okay Kylie, time to torture you. It is 74ºF. with winds out of the south at 1 mph. The National Weather Bureau is located just a mile or so from where I live at the airport. It is on a peninsular and the temperature there is affected by the winds off the water. So it is much warmer inland. Absolutely perfect weather. And tomorrow is going to be even better.

Oh Dear! I just remembered payback is a b*tch! :angel:

Addie, once you head inland some distance it ain't "perfect" anymore. :LOL: I can feel the humidity moving in, got the windows open and the fan pulling air through just to chill the house down. Might be 66 degrees outside by me, but the humidity is about 80% and rising. The toilet paper in the bathroom should not feel like it's already been used when it's still on the roll! :ROFLMAO: Camping memories...

We'll be closing up and putting the A/C on before we hit the sack and probably won't turn if off until Friday AM.

I saw the weather report. It is going to be in the 90's. Oh joy! Maybe some thunderstorms Thursday night. I am right on the ocean. So I get better weather than the interior. Tomorrow I have to make a run to the store on my scooter. It will be early in the morning before the heat is at its peak. :angel:

Okay Kylie, time to torture you. It is 74ºF. with winds out of the south at 1 mph. The National Weather Bureau is located just a mile or so from where I live at the airport. It is on a peninsular and the temperature there is affected by the winds off the water. So it is much warmer inland. Absolutely perfect weather. And tomorrow is going to be even better.

Oh Dear! I just remembered payback is a b*tch! :angel:

Ahh yes 23 degrees is a lovely Spring day for us :)

It is not torture though Ads for me...as I LOVE Winter...I really do, people may think that is odd, but I do!

It is Summer I cant stand....Spring is lovely, Autumn is wonderful :)

Miserably hot here today. High of 90 something, not as humid as it was yesterday, just very hot. Kids back to school this week. Seems every year the kids go back to school temp.'s spike in the 90's. Argh! I am looking forward to Fall.

We are back to our normal August weather. Right now at 10 p.m. the temp is 74ºF. No humidity today, but it is on its way back. I have had the AC off for most of the day. I guess I will have to run it more tomorrow. Temps are supposed to go to the 90's. Oh joy! Something to look forward to. :angel:

We're having normal August weather, hot and humid--not sure what it was today--31C (with humidex probably 35-38C). Finally, TL can really test out her new AC unit.

Kylie--I lived where cars weren't sold without block heaters. I remember many a winter night getting up at 2:00 a.m. to run out and start the car, even though the cars were plugged in. When it is -40F and the wind is blowing from the north and the windchill makes it feel as if it is -55 / -60F, you would need to run out and start the car to be on the safe side. 0F in the winter would be a thaw! But it is a dry cold (as we liked to tell ourselves). Definitely those January nights were a reason to throw another dog on the bed.

Last edited:
Yeah, around here in winter, it gets surprisingly cold. As to vehicles, if you stop at a diner along the highway on a cold winter day, you will almost always see that the parked diesel trucks have their engines running. Even with block heaters, it takes a long time to get a diesel started when it's really cold.

The humidity was so thick today it felt like you could cut it with a knife! Miserably hot! Overcast as the day wore on, looks like rain but nothing yet.

81ºF. with a beautiful breeze. Went to look at the garden plots. The majority of our maintenance workers are of Latino descent. And they have planted most of the plots. And you can tell. Some have tomatilla plants, and every plot has some hot pepper plants. One even has those tiny, tiny red hot peppers. And of course cilantro. The first two years I was here, only a couple of the residents were planting. Then the plots remained empty for the past four years. So it is good to see them being put to use. The garden is in full sun all day. And the plants are growing so fast. Tomatoes are ready for picking. Perfect weather for gardening. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom