What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DampCharcoal said:
It's colder in Ohio than in Canada? Not only is that not right, it's also unnatural. I'm stamping this Alberta Clipper "Return to Sender!" :LOL:
Looks like you got your wish, we got a bunch of snow and cold in the last couple of days but it looks like a lot of the states are still colder. ;)
Yesterday I was driving in the freezing rain and when I tried to use my wipers it just created a sheet of ice I could not see out of! :ohmy:
It is -14C (7F) right now and supposed to get down to -18C (0F). Brrrrrrr.
Stupid :censored: cold, stupid :censored: shovelling.
I can't believe how much snow we got this winter! At first I thought I had not seen this much since I was a little girl but now I am not sure if I have every seen this much snow in one winter! :eek: <---look I am blue from this cold

2300z (1000 local) it is 32C and we are looking at another 35C+. I pity you guys in Nth Am at the mo' with all that ice & snow around, but if you wouldn't mind sending some over it'd be much appreciated. Some rain would be nice also as we haven't had any for quite some time now........

Brooksy said:
2300z (1000 local) it is 32C and we are looking at another 35C+. I pity you guys in Nth Am at the mo' with all that ice & snow around, but if you wouldn't mind sending some over it'd be much appreciated. Some rain would be nice also as we haven't had any for quite some time now........

I have a friend whose son is in your country as an exchange student. What time and date is it there? I don't know when to call him.

StirBlue said:
I have a friend whose son is in your country as an exchange student. What time and date is it there? I don't know when to call him.

G'day mate.

What part of Oz is your friend's son in? We have more time zones than a zebra has stripes :LOL: .

On the East Coast, NSW, Vic, Tas are GMT+11hrs (daylight saving) and Qld is GMT+10hrs. We are a day ahead of the States and 1/2 a day ahead of EU.

The dog went outside earlier and was not happy about the frost all over her grass! She sniffed around for a minute before she finally walked on it to pee!

28F at the moment, tomorrow morning we are supposed to get snow. Which will quickly turn to slushyness and everyone driving will freak out!

Lulu..don't worry too much. I think we're due more sub zero temps in the next few days/nights but if there is snow it won't be very thick; especially not in London?:)

There'll probably be 5ft drifts now to prove me wrong!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL, fingers crossed Gatwick are prepared csalt...it was Heathrow that dropped the ball on snow last time I think! D H is flying from an airpot north of Milan that really is practically alpine, so if Italy is prepared I think its a jolly poor show if Gatwick can't be! Although, someone sent me a photo of the most beautiful hoar frost this morning at "home" where as in Milan we are not frozen today, just grey!

StirBlue said:
He is somewhere in the area near Melbourne.
Melbourne is GMT+11hrs.

Rule of thumb, at present, when talking to a friend in California, I am " his local time - 7 (tomorrow)".

E.g. Midnight his time is 1700 (tomorrow)for me.

So, knowing that, local time here at present is 1014 (10:14am) so in Chicago (couldn't spell Illinois) it should be 1514 (3:14pm) yesterday. GMT is 2314hrs (11:14pm). So, to find the time in Melbourne, it is your local time minus 5hrs tomorrow.

And to the lovely person who sent us 25 points (6mm) of rain yesterday, thank you very much, it was much appreciated.:clap:

If you could possibly send a couple of inches though, it would be greatly appreciated. As much as our Northern US brothers and sisters don't need the excessive snow and freezing temps, we are desperate for some good rain...... :(:cry:

Yep, another hot one today, not much water around, good excuse to drink plenty of beer......

Last edited:
SNOW!!!!!!!!

It was lovely to wake up and find everything covered in it. The dog almost wouldnt go out! Supposed to snow all day, I might go for a walk in it later!

Unfortunately it has disrupted many airports, schools are closed and trains cancelled/delayed.

Wahey!!!! we`ve got snow too :)
woke up to about a Cm of it and it`s still snowing, so there`s hope yet for making that snowman in the back garden with my daughter later :)

Brooksy said:
And to the lovely person who sent us 25 points (6mm) of rain yesterday, thank you very much, it was much appreciated.:clap:

If you could possibly send a couple of inches though, it would be greatly appreciated. As much as our Northern US brothers and sisters don't need the excessive snow and freezing temps, we are desperate for some good rain...... :(:cry:

Yep, another hot one today, not much water around, good excuse to drink plenty of beer......

We talk your talk when it is summer time here ! ! !
Take your eyes off our snow!!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Thanks for the time zone info....What are your home beer brewing laws? Our limit is to be able to consume the brew once ready with no leftovers whatsoever.

redkitty said:
SNOW!!!!!!!!

It was lovely to wake up and find everything covered in it. The dog almost wouldnt go out! Supposed to snow all day, I might go for a walk in it later!

Unfortunately it has disrupted many airports, schools are closed and trains cancelled/delayed.

NO!!!! Please let them reopen tonight, I want DH home :(

I'll tell my mother you told me the truth Redkitty, she told me that fromwhere she is south of the mendips she could see no snow on them, I think its too not let me worry.....

Hey, if DH doesn't come home I get the elecric blanket to myself again.....:ermm: OK, either way I'm fine!;) :ROFLMAO:

Dh tells me it has snowed reasinably heavily in London.

edited to add: I just checked Gatwick's website and it DH's flight is cancelled. Now, I'm alone tonight again! And DH has to add into his busy day arranging another flight back here ASAP

Last edited:
We had temps in the 70's the last couple of days, but now, it's cloudy with a cold north wind. Maybe lots of rain this weekend, and it's not going to get out of the 40's. I'm ready for spring!

lulu said:
Dh tells me it has snowed reasinably heavily in London.

edited to add: I just checked Gatwick's website and it DH's flight is cancelled. Now, I'm alone tonight again! And DH has to add into his busy day arranging another flight back here ASAP

Oh bummer LuLu! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom