What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been to Hamburg in a while. And it's only an hour away, too.
Hard to believe the weather in Hamburg, NY is much different than what I am getting.
The next door neighbor picked a fine day to get his windows replaced. It is howling out there with rain coming down sideways.

We are overcast and in the mid-40s. It feels colder. The next two days are supposed to be rain so I guess this is the "good" day.

I. Am. Tired. Of. Cold. :mad:

No sun, no warmth, no flowers or unfurling tree leaves. For THIS I could be living in OH! :LOL: Spring doesn't poke its nose out there until almost Mother's Day. Someone stole our spring and I'm not dealing well with this any more.

It's wet out, but much calmer than yesterday. Close to 50F, which still doesn't feel all that bad coming off last season's Winter.

Rainy and windy, but not the kind of wind that wants to knock you down like yesterday.

It's 77 and partly sunny right now. This is apparently not a good thing; it was supposed to be cooler with some rain today. This heat will make tonight's thunderstorms worse. Oh, we're also under a tornado watch.

Stay safe GG.

It's a run-the-oven kind of day around here. Low 40s, overcast and damp. I'm making a beef roast later, but if I get my rear in gear I might bake something too. On the other hand, I just might take a nap. :LOL:

It has reached our expected high of 9°C (48°F). And it has started raining. From our weather website:

"Rainfall - late afternoon to early morning. Rain, heavy at times is expected. A low pressure system over the Great Lakes will bring significant rainfall over Southwestern Quebec tonight. Between 25 and 40 millimetres of rain is expected."

That's a lot of rain for that amount of time. 1"-1.5" :ohmy:

Ugh, so many of you are still getting so much rain! So hoping spring comes for you soon! :flowers:

Sunny and warm here, 79F now and supposed to get up to 85F later this afternoon. A little breezy though, but not too bad.

Ugh, so many of you are still getting so much rain! So hoping spring comes for you soon! :flowers:

Sunny and warm here, 79F now and supposed to get up to 85F later this afternoon. A little breezy though, but not too bad.

Wow Cheryl ! With the east wind here (35mph), it feeling like we're going to be blown clear to the ocean! Hate these hot devil winds.

...significant rainfall over Southwestern Quebec tonight. Between 25 and 40 millimetres of rain is expected."

That's a lot of rain for that amount of time. 1"-1.5" :ohmy:
Not as much as in Somewhere, Florida. Don't know the city/region since to the reporters up here it's not important :glare::glare:, but they had about 14" of rain in a 24-hour period. Flooded rivers and people getting rescued. Hope you guys stay safe and the rain doesn't last long.

We've had enough rain that Himself could cut only the front and sides of our lawn. The back is so damp the wheels from the mower kept sinking. :ohmy: Today's rain isn't helping!

Wow Cheryl ! With the east wind here (35mph), it feeling like we're going to be blown clear to the ocean! Hate these hot devil winds.

Kayelle, those Santa Ana winds can be brutal, can't they?! UGH. We got a few wind gusts, but it wasn't too bad. I've seen worse...lol :ohmy:

It's been steady rain since this afternoon. The earthworms are out on the concrete walk. I've been told it's because they are looking for nooky. It's the only time they can stay on the surface without drying out. Makes it easier to find each other. ;)

It's been steady rain since this afternoon. The earthworms are out on the concrete walk. I've been told it's because they are looking for nooky. It's the only time they can stay on the surface without drying out. Makes it easier to find each other. ;)

Huh. I always thought earthworms were, um, self-sufficient. Guess I'm doing them a disservice when I throw them back in the lawn.

We are still icky here, a chilly 42°F.

Huh. I always thought earthworms were, um, self-sufficient. Guess I'm doing them a disservice when I throw them back in the lawn.

I was told the reason they come to the surface is because the ground below is so flooded from the rain that they will drown.

Rain tonight, rain tomorrow. No sun until Friday. Temp is presently 42ºF. :angel:

Yes, they are hermaphrodites, but they do mate with other earthworms. If they didn't, I think the unfortunate, negative recessives would build up too quickly.
I was told the reason they come to the surface is because the ground below is so flooded from the rain that they will drown.

Rain tonight, rain tomorrow. No sun until Friday. Temp is presently 42ºF. :angel:
Yeah, I was told that one too. I'm pretty sure that one was invented so adults didn't need to explain about mating to kids. :rolleyes:

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom