What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold front expected to come down from Canada....Happy day! Looking forward to cooler temperatures. We could use rain. Gardens & fields are so very dry.

It's no longer muggy and hot here. A strong breeze, and 78°F, though it feels cooler. Nice!

It cooled off nicely. It was a high of 68F today. It's 63F now at 9 pm. Time for "Under the Dome" :)

This is really strange for July. It was not a pool day. I have long pants and a jacket on. It's 60°F right now, and supposed to get down into the low 50's tonight.

This is really strange for July. It was not a pool day. I have long pants and a jacket on. It's 60°F right now, and supposed to get down into the low 50's tonight.

And that cold snap is headed out way. Oh Joy!

Right now our temp is 746F and our humidity is 91%. I am so glad I am inside right now. We are supposed to be getting some thunderstorms pretty soon. Maybe that is why it is so humid outside. I just looked out the window and the willow tree across the street is absolutely still. :angel:

It's raining again. We never got the thunderstorm we were warned about and there are no more "sever thunderstorm watches" for today. It's 19°C (66°F) and feels like 24°C (75°F). Quite pleasant.

Mass. is getting hit with some powerful thunderstorms right now. And they are headed our way. Right now the radar is showing it to be about ten minutes away. If it gets too bad I may have to turn the computer off until it passes. :angel:

Thunder and lightning and rain, Oh My! :ohmy: We had rolling thunder and pounding rains in the 11:00 PM hour. Lots of lightning too. I tried to get a decent picture with my phone - the one here is the best of the bunch. It was pitch black until the lightning flashed. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, tip your screen just right, and look really hard, you can see all the tendrils of lightning running from the right side of the screen to just right of the middle of the image. At that point there is an arch of a bolt of lightning peeking between the two trees. It's a little easier to see that arch of lightning between the trees in the second shot, which is a cropped version of the first.

Attachments

• 2014-07-15 23.06.56.jpg
    2014-07-15 23.06.56.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 2014-07-15 23.06.56-1.jpg
    2014-07-15 23.06.56-1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 144
Wow! Nice pics, CG!

Isn't digital great? Remember back in the day....? If we took 2 dozen pictures we had to pay for them all to be developed whether they were good or bad... :huh:

Neato, CG! I love me a good thunder and lightening storm.

And yes, Cheryl, I remember the days of pics of my thumb, or totally blank after leaving the lens cap on! And paying for them at the local drugstore.

Now if I can just get the hang of the dang GoPro...

You've got it right about digital Cheryl! I'm lazy so all I have been using is my phone camera. Always handy, plus I pretty much know how to use it. The basics, anyway. Keep waiting for a clear-headed day so Himself can show me how to use his older digital camera. When he was working he would get to pick an anniversary gift every 5 years. The last one he got was a really nice Olympus camera, prior to that he got a Nikon. They're both digital; not sure, but I think only the Olympus is an SLR. I know the Nikon would be an upgrade from my little Cannon PowerShot pocket model! All I have to do is find enough brain to learn a real camera all over again!

Dawg, I love thunder and lightning storms too, as long as our power stays on and the lightning doesn't strike too close. We don't get as many up here as we did in OH, so I doubly enjoy them when they roll through.

Looks like we're done with storms for a while. Drier weather moving in, so we should be able to shut the air down for a while. My budget will thank me for that!

I bought my first digital camera in 2000 after I took at least eight rolls of film at my brother's and cousin's weddings that year and they all were HORRIBLE! Then I took a photography class at the community college; we had to use a manual camera with black and white film only, and no flash. We developed the film, added effects, etc. Lots of midnights at the school's photo lab.

That experience made me appreciate the digital darkroom even more than I already did. Don't like the contrast? Change it with a few clicks. Don't like the result? Undo and try again with different settings. No waiting around for a half hour for another print to develop. But I'm glad I took the class; I learned a lot about composition, focus, etc. Of course, now I take more pictures than I know what to do with :rolleyes:

A short while ago, Kodak announced they were no longer going to be making film. They are now concentrating of digital cameras. Does that means my square box Brownie camera with the two windows is out of date? :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom