What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bright but low "winter style" sunshine today. (Blinding when you are driving!) The leaves on the trees are starting to fall, but the temperature here in Hampshire is definitely drier and warmer than usual. (66f/19C)

Fall is coming and I love it. The leaves are just now beginning to change. :) It's still up in the 80's during the day, but early mornings are down to the high 50's and I'm freezing half to death until I put on a sweater and socks. :wacko::LOL:

Last edited:
We are expecting our first frost tonight. Lows down to 26F tonight in SE South Dakota.
acttr

We usually get what you get a bit later, SB, but so far they haven't predicted any frost here yet.

acttr
Tis the season. Hard to believe that Christmas is only about 80 days away! It feels like December tonight. Bringing all of the plants in tonight. This cold snap should be reaching you soon Dawg.

Yup. Our first frost, if you believe what's on the news, is around Oct. 10. Sigh.

Where did summer go?

acttr
No doubt, well said! The latest prediction here is that we will be getting 56" of snow this winter with warmer temp.s to produce more snow. The norm., they say, is 28-30".

PF, my "love it" weather is about 20 or so degrees warmer than yours. And it was almost perfect today. Sunny and 61 today, middle 40s at night. We're far enough from the coast, so we didn't have the same gloomy day like Addie had. We'll get ours later this year.

Earlier this week I caved in and started kicking up the thermostat when I crawl out of bed, but once the chill is off the house I turn the temp back down. Didn't need turn it up this morning since the sun got the sun room up to 90 by the time I opened the door. Solar heat gain floods the house! :)

I was looking at the hourly weather today and was surprised to see that the temp will be in the mid 60s tonight.

The humidity has relaxed to the point that I won't have to worry about mold and tomorrow is expected to be sunny and mild all day.

I'm hoping that I can unpack my sweat pants and hoodies.

Summer was brutal, but short. It's been so nice lately.

Last edited:
I have a new pair of merino wool blend leggings to wear under my pants when it gets colder, can;t wait to try them out. Still too warm. I have my thin sweater for chilly mornings like yesterday. It is 36 F out this morning, going for my walk.

After a very peculiar September with temperatures up to the 70s F in some areas and very little rain, today has been chilly and very wet until after lunch when the sun came out. Just in time as I was going to water my herb garden when I got home from the stables. Instead I stayed indoors with a big mug of tea and wallowed with "Now Voyager" on DVD - "Oh Jerry, don't ask for the moon. We have the stars". You never knew that smoking a cigarette could be so romantic!

I have a new pair of merino wool blend leggings to wear under my pants when it gets colder, can;t wait to try them out. Still too warm. I have my thin sweater for chilly mornings like yesterday. It is 36 F out this morning, going for my walk.

Costco! I got a new pair too, they're so soft. DH liked them so much, I had to get him a pair too. Free shipping!

Not quite as raw and windy as yesterday, but close. 51°F right now.

Costco! I got a new pair too, they're so soft. DH liked them so much, I had to get him a pair too. Free shipping!

Not quite as raw and windy as yesterday, but close. 51°F right now.

Those are the ones, I could not believe the price ($15.99) and how soft they are. Come on cold weather.:)

Thanks for the laugh, KGirl! Believe me, 96° and humid is even worse. Sweat won't evaporate and you feel like you can't breathe.

Here in Southern Louisiana it can get that way at times.

I've lived on both Arizona and Hawaii and I'd take those weathers over a hot & gooey summer here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom