What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh. The temperature is expected to dip to 46° during the night tonight. I'd better make sure the windows are closed.

Lately, days have been open window wonderful. Lots of sunshine and low humidity. Hopefully I'll still be able to open the windows sometime tomorrow morning.

We have a storm heading our way. I hope it holds off so the kiddies can have their night. It is going to be more wind than rain. And the temps are dropping as I sit here and type.

Right now our city is in mourning due to the death of our recent mayor. He served longer than any other mayor and was the first Italian American mayor. He managed to break the Irish stranglehold that this city had going. Fortunately, his services will be private, which is a good thing. They will be during the storm.

I need to get a move on. Have several errands to run. :angel:

It was around 50 and dry while the trick-or-treaters roamed the neighborhood. Just started to sprinkle as the last of the kiddos were heading home. Himself and I sat out on the porch the entire time handing stuff out and commenting on costumes. LOTS of costumes. :ermm: 355 kid worth of costumes! :ohmy:

Snow levels down to 4500 feet...4-8 inches of snow in the passes are expected. Getting my winter boots out and hope I can wear them!

Down to 30°F here along the Mississippi, and still very windy. Not as many trick or treaters as we had last year.

We are at 3209 feet. No, not going to Florida. I'd like to go for a wander outside right now, it's 46 degrees out now...LOVE it!

We are at 3209 feet. No, not going to Florida. I'd like to go for a wander outside right now, it's 46 degrees out now...LOVE it!

Well you may get your wish. I will keep your fingers crossed for you.

I am hooked up with a weather alert system that sends me weather alerts. My information comes from a meteorological station that is located right in my neighborhood. They keep sending me coastal flood and very high wind warnings. Considering I am only a block from the Atlantic Ocean, I do pay attention to it. :angel:

Supposed to get down to the mid 60's over the weekend. Brrrr.....gonna have to get out my warm comfies.

Scary. I can hear the winds. We have a totally dead tree out in front of the building. I hope there is no car parked next to it. Because with the wind gusts that are predicted, I doubt that tree is going to be standing by the end of this storm.

I have notified the city about it. They sent someone out to look at it and put a big orange circle on it. That means that the tree is on the schedule to be removed. But when is the question. :angel:

Thank you Lord.....it's raining!!

This is just a drop in the bucket with this terrible drought, but tonight we're having the first measurable rain since last April. It sounds so wonderful, we sat on the porch tonight just watching and listening. It's been so very long since we could hear rain falling from inside the house it just sounds so comforting. Wonder of all wonders, our TV is out because of it. Rain, beautiful rain!!!

Thank you Lord.....it's raining!!

This is just a drop in the bucket with this terrible drought, but tonight we're having the first measurable rain since last April. It sounds so wonderful, we sat on the porch tonight just watching and listening. It's been so very long since we could hear rain falling from inside the house it just sounds so comforting. Wonder of all wonders, our TV is out because of it. Rain, beautiful rain!!!

Kayelle I hope you get about three to five days of continuous rain. Not enough to cause any flooding, but just enough to soak into the earth and replenish, even if just partial, so that your world can start to flourish again. Good Luck and enjoy! :angel:

Rain, glorious rain! And one for the rain! :angel:

Kayelle, time to be singin' in the rain! Hope you get a nice amount that shrinks the drought level.

We've got winds out our way too now Addie. So far the roof is still on the house...

I love the ocean. I don't think I could live without it. But living just a block away can be scary at times. I sometimes wish I still had that stupid innocence of youth. As a kid I thought storms were great. Very exciting. :angel:

oct 9 2014 willow lake.jpg

Mrs. DF sent this to me
this was taken on Oct 9th
at Willow Lake in Prescott Arizona
a huge lightening storm cell
Mother Nature can be frightening as well as awesome
I just wish that we could share some of our rain this Monsoon Season
with California, the fruit and veggie basket to the USofA
(click on the photo to see it larger, very cool)

Beautiful pic, K-girl.

We had a cloudy, breezy, but balmy 68°F here along the mighty Mississip. Friends who live in Mexico got down to 64°, and were freezing their tortillas off.

Last edited:
View attachment 22149

Mrs. DF sent this to me
this was taken on Oct 9th
at Willow Lake in Prescott Arizona
a huge lightening storm cell
Mother Nature can be frightening as well as awesome
I just wish that we could share some of our rain this Monsoon Season
with California, the fruit and veggie basket to the USofA
(click on the photo to see it larger, very cool)

WOW...I clicked on that picture and it looks just terrifying! I'd be hiding under my bed!

Our rain didn't last more than several hours a few nights ago, but we did get 1 1/2 inches at our house and everything looked so fresh and clean the next day. My skylights in the house are actually clean again!

We got a little rain on Halloween night during the wee hours. I didn't hear it, but woke up to see that some water did fall from the sky. :clap:

It's been in the 80's here during the day lately, and down in the 50's at night. Supposed to start cooling down to the mid 70's by the middle of next week. The leaves are just now starting to turn color. I love fall. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom