What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to rig a porch light and hope the wind dies down so the kids can stand upright for trick or treating...warm but very windy.

Holy cow....freezing temps expected here in the high desert. Supposed to get down to 29F tonight. :shock: I just moved my thriving jalapeno plants up close to the house and made a bed for my senior outdoor kitty in the guest room.

We got up to 76° F here along the river! Stupid broken foot. Really wanted to go for a walk. I did go out and pull up a bunch of dead plants.

My NoDak peeps are getting snow too!

Last edited:
Crazy weather, isn't it? We had a high of only about 62F here in my area of SoCal today - it's almost unheard of to get down below freezing this early in the year. :wacko:

I hope your foot heals quickly Dawg, and that you're able to get out and about and back to normal soon. Especially with your nice weather!

Enjoy your snow, Princess...I know how much you love it.

Last edited:
Holy cow....freezing temps expected here in the high desert. Supposed to get down to 29F tonight. :shock: I just moved my thriving jalapeno plants up close to the house and made a bed for my senior outdoor kitty in the guest room.

:wacko: Cheryl, wrap that jalapeno plant in something. Cloth, plastic, anything. It will help to keep the winds from blowing away the moisture in the plant. And to keep frostbite at arms length.

;) Bundle up and get out those flannel jammies you haven't worn in years.

We didn't get the floods as bad as they got in the south of England but it did its best. I had to drive very slowly through several minor lakes on the road on the way up to the stables. The horses couldn't go out as their 40 acre field was a pond! Fortunately my house is on a hill about 100 feet above the river bed so we didn't have a lot of problems although the house roof gutters couldn't cope and I couldn't see out of the windows because of the over-flow.

It tried to snow one day last week but it was very half hearted and melted almost as some as it landed.

We're a "small island", to quote Bill Bryson, so we don't have the same climate extemes as you do on mainland USA

Extreme climates? Good heavens, California is still in the midst of a severe drought, the middle of the country is getting snow that is sticking and piling up and the east coast is still trying to act like early fall. Thirty-five or below one day and then in the sixties the next day.

Well, Worcester hills are stopping the snow from reaching us here on the coast. But the temps are in the 30's. I am so grateful that I don't have to worry about a heating bill. The older I get, the more I appreciate the warmth of the heating system. But I do keep a large stock pot of water on the back burner of the stove.

It's 35° and sunny out today, so since we have a lot of guests coming tomorrow, I have to get outside and shovel the driveway and salt the walks while the sun is up.

I love our new house up on a mountain, but our neighbors warned us that we get a lot of snow, so be ready. I hope the guy at the hardware store fixes the snowblower soon.

It's 35° and sunny out today, so since we have a lot of guests coming tomorrow, I have to get outside and shovel the driveway and salt the walks while the sun is up.

I love our new house up on a mountain, but our neighbors warned us that we get a lot of snow, so be ready. I hope the guy at the hardware store fixes the snowblower soon.

Heh, I hired a 14 year old who wants the money to shovel snow, mow the yard...mostly the drudge work of yard care. He enjoys doing it and I enjoy paying him for it. That kid will work a shovel/wheelbarrow all day for $5/hour and lunch.

Last edited:
We had our first snow earlier this week. It isn't all gone yet, but it's mostly off the roads. I'm getting my winter tires put on Sigrid tomorrow. There are supposed to be flurries. I hope there isn't much snow before I get those tires switched out. "All season", or as we call them, "3 season" tires just aren't as good on snow or below 7°C (45°F) as proper winter tires.

Holey bejoley! $5/hour AND lunch!! What is your minimum wage in Wyoming? Kids here can command up to almost $10 depending on the job, but usually 7 or 8! Yes, even the 14 year olds! Our minimum wage is $10.75...

Depends on the job, sometimes he gets $10 an hour, most of the time that is a one off job, not an all day job.

$5 an hour is usually when he wanders up and I am already outside working in the yard and he helps me. We are negotiating the pay for helping me with the kitchen floor, scraping up the glued down foam backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom