What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I woke up to!

Attachments

• DSCN5565.jpg
    DSCN5565.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 82
We're supposed to get up to 53°F (!!). Right now it's 35, with rain expected. Most of the snow is gone.

We use an old-fashioned antenna and can get PBS, CBS, NBC, and FOX from both Boston and Providence. Only the Boston ABC station comes in regularly, though. A couple of CWs, Ion, and a bunch of independents and we're good. Simple needs, TV-wise. Works for us.

Addie, the Boston NBC station, WHDH, isn't even going to be an NBC station come January. They'll want you to keep watching them. You better know ahead of time which new station number/cable number you need to set your TV to if you want to keep watching an NBC program. If you have cable, they may make the switch automatically, but don't rely on it.

Our weather? They promised I'd see sun sometime today when I checked my weather app. Curse you, Weatherbug, all I've had is fog. :( The did get the falling temperatures right, though. At least the pavement is dry. No sledding hill when we leave the garage tomorrow, and I won't have to worry about trying to get the car back up it, either.

Bucky, they have been advertising on all the station of where they are moving too. And they have also done an overhaul on their on-air personalities.

Their explanation is that "Comcast wants to own all their own stations outright. They couldn't reach a financial agreement with the owners. So Comcast gave them the boot."

Temp has dropped to 16 degrees Fand the wind is killer, too chicken to look outside.

Just peek through the curtains. I HATE wind. I can live with the cold, but when it is windy out, I stay in.

Every winter I get at least one ear ache. It happens when I don't realize just how windy it is and I go outside without a hat to protect my ears.

It's crazy. It's been raining all day. And now it's even thundering. And the rain is coming down hard I walked for two minutes from the door to car. I'm soaking wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Beautiful Christmas day today! The overnight snowfall on the Sierras was a wonderful sight to wake up to.

Beth and Cheryl, how nice that you had pretty snow! Meanwhile, here in the Northeast that seems to get snow all the time, we were pretty green. Not good for the health, according to my Grandma. My Mom said Grandma would say that if you have a green Christmas, you would have a black New Year - meaning it was too warm to kill the germs off, and there would be a lot of deaths in the new year. Grandma died in 1945, so I'm guessing it's a little smaller of a problem for us these days. ;)

Freezing rain coming in the early afternoon Monday. That means it will be in the mountains of PA during what would be our drive time. Himself has another day to let his ouchies easy up - we aren't leaving until Tuesday now.

It's supposed to be a rainy day here in NYC, but the temps up on my mountain will be just low enough for ice.

1 more hour of work to go, then I have to pick up a coupla dozen bagels to bring home for everyone. They all want good bagels to bring home with them. My nephew, a Prince George's county cop, says that bagels don't exist in Maryland.

I hope everyone is able to go home safely today. They're all heading south, so as soon as they get down a few hundred feet in elevation they should be fine.

And I need sleep. I've only slept about 4 hours since Friday. A quiet, rainy day is just what I need. My brain is starting to get crispy.

Bagels down here, Naw!:angel::ROFLMAO: There are so many New Yorkers down here, its almost impossible to go a couple miles in any direction and not hit a bagel shop or NY style deli.

We went to breakfast, for the first time, at a Bagel Time a few weeks ago.
It is about 3 blocks away. I wore my BBQ Chef tee shirt that says "Nice Racks, Beautiful Butts and Smoking Legs" on the back. When I went to pay the bill, the lady behind the counter asked me what a BBQ Chief was? She actually said "Chief".:ohmy: Come to find out several of the regulars had been talking about my shirt. I corrected her about "Chief" and asked if they had never heard of BBQ. Apparently, them Yankees had not, so as I left, I said in a loud voice, "It must be a Southern thing.":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::angel:
BTW, Its 80+ and humid as .....

Last edited:
Weather warnings everywhere. Temperature change coming so there will be freezing rain, ice pellets, da works... I have to go in to the deli today to do a food order for tomorrow delivery. I better get at it so I can make it home before it hits...my last day off for a while so I will want to watch it from the couch..
My oldest daughter was coming today. She may have to cancel..bummage..:(

Florida used to be attached to NY, but it broke off, floated down, and reconnected itself to Georgia where the weather was better.

Actually, my nephew is a cop in the county where eastern Washington D.C. resides. I can't imagine that they don't have good bagels in the nation's capitol. But he asked for real NYC bagels, and cream cheese to schmear.

Everyone in (what used to be, except for my granny) my immediate family was born in Maryland. I'm the only Native Floridian. I have a nephew, family I know of that I have never met and family that I don't know of living there.

Right now it is 37ºF. and sunny as all get out. But being the good neighbors they have always been, Canada is sending us their cold, windy, rainy weather late today or tomorrow. ;) Thanks for sharing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom