What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-17°F (1°F) here. I have a friend who just moved to Nova Scotia and she is reporting freezing fog! Good grief, winter can do so many different kinds of weather: snow, ice pellets, sleet, freezing rain, freezing fog, frozen fog, ...

I live in Sweden, every where else there has been snow, we even had blizzard warning and we got rain and hard winds. I am just so happy there is at last snow.

28F, overcast and snowing.

Attachments

• 1483804661864.jpg
    1483804661864.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 94
Oh, how pretty, GG! So many of you are really in some cold weather now!

Here it's been rain, rain, and more rain to come. The meteorologists are calling it California's storm of the decade, and an 'atmospheric river event'. :ohmy: Supposed to dump at least 12" of rain up north and many feet of snow in the Sierras. We're supposed to get pounded here too, but not quite as bad as NoCal.

The mud and rockslides are already starting - here's a pic of Hwy 178 through the Kern River Canyon, about an hour from here, a couple of days ago. Sure glad no one was hurt, or worse!

Attachments

• Jan5rockslide.jpg
    Jan5rockslide.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 146
This morning it was nice and sunny and around 80F. About 2 hours ago, the thunderstorms and rain started moving in ahead of the approaching front. We will be able to open the windows and shut off the AC tonight as the temperature drops.:ROFLMAO:

Cool pic, Cheryl. I wonder how long it will take them to move the boulders and repair the road?

We only had about an inch of snow when I left for work this afternoon, and the roads were clear and almost dry from all of the salt each town put down.
But by the time I got to Paterson on Route 80, things were getting increasingly worse the farther east I drove towards NYC.

The West Side Highway in the city wasn't bad, but people are driving like buttheads. If you want to drive 10 mph with your flashers on while you're on the phone, drinking coffee, and putting on makeup, get in the right lane. Or put on your makeup at home like I do.

Cool pic, Cheryl. I wonder how long it will take them to move the boulders and repair the road?

We only had about an inch of snow when I left for work this afternoon, and the roads were clear and almost dry from all of the salt each town put down.
But by the time I got to Paterson on Route 80, things were getting increasingly worse the farther east I drove towards NYC.

The West Side Highway in the city wasn't bad, but people are driving like buttheads. If you want to drive 10 mph with your flashers on while you're on the phone, drinking coffee, and putting on makeup, get in the right lane. Or put on your makeup at home like I do.

:LOL:

I think Caltrans must have the highway cleared up by now, I just looked it up and it said 'no traffic restrictions'. Which led me to wonder about how they did it - they must have just 'dozed those big boulders off of the canyon cliff down into the river below....yikes.

:LOL:

I think Caltrans must have the highway cleared up by now, I just looked it up and it said 'no traffic restrictions'. Which led me to wonder about how they did it - they must have just 'dozed those big boulders off of the canyon cliff down into the river below....yikes.

That's exactly where they would have ended up if there hadn't been a road in the way...

I was skidding all over on rt. 17 so I got off and the side roads were just as bad. Cops all over blocking side roads while plow trucks were sitting around with their... well sitting on their thumbs!! Plow trucks all over but No one was plowing or salting!! They know this snow was coming for days and no one doing anything!! I am really pissed! My girls and I almost died several times. At least on the side roads I had lawns I could drive onto if need be and I didn't need to worry about idiots doing 60 mph on the sliding around on the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom