What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting on another foot of "partly cloudy". Snow is supposed to start falling around noon Sunday, continue for at least 24 hours, and then clear up. Cold, but not so cold you don't want to leave the house - low 30s during the day, low 20s at night. Glad neither of us have to get up and go to work. So nice to snuggle under the covers and wait for the storms to blow over - literally. I'm hoping the high winds (could reach 40 MPH by us, 50 or 60 along the coast) don't cause any power outages.

It got up to 86 degrees today. But, the high on Tuesday is forecast to be 47 degrees. 39-degree difference! More weather whiplash.

CD
Only 39? When we were back home in Ohio spending the holidays of 2014 with our kids, Cleveland had a temperature swing of 50 degrees on Jan. 7th. I'm guessing we stayed in on that day. ;)

Only 39? When we were back home in Ohio spending the holidays of 2014 with our kids, Cleveland had a temperature swing of 50 degrees on Jan. 7th. I'm guessing we stayed in on that day. ;)

Oh, I've experienced that here. I went to work once in jeans and a t-shirt, and drove home in an ice storm. But, that was an anomaly.

The thing this year, and the reason I call it "weather whiplash," is that we are getting these 30 to 40 degree temperature swings on a weekly basis. Seriously, virtually every week this winter has been like this.

CD

I can't believe the condition on our driveway. There is no reason for all the snow that hasn't been removed. We have a huge piece of lawn at one end of the building. Any winter that has given us a very large amount of snow, maintenance has always dumped the snow there. Even the City has used it some years. A mini snow farm.

We have maintenance personnel on property seven days a week. And one useless one that lives here. He walks around with his little broom and dust pan for eight hours. Oh yeah. He also changes burned out light bulbs in the hallways.

The one piece of snow removal equipment that management doesn't own is a Bobcat. If we get more snow like they say we are, they are going to need one.

I have always wanted to ski Mammoth, Cheryl. We have friends that live nearby and have always said it was great.

Is that the one that's supposed to blow up someday? This might have to be the year. Umm, to ski, I mean, lol. We're thinking of a ski trip west for Spring break this year, but trout season here starts Easter week as well, so, we'll see.....

It might, bucky! It's a lava dome in a series of volcanic craters, so ya never know. :ermm::ohmy: Sure is a pretty area though, and great fun for those who snow ski. I hope you're able to coordinate the timing this spring with a ski trip in the west, and the trout season back east. :)

http://www.mammothmountain.com/

Last edited:
It might, bucky! It's a lava dome in a series of volcanic craters, so ya never know. :ermm::ohmy: Sure is a pretty area though, and great fun for those who snow ski. I hope you're able to coordinate the timing this spring with a ski trip in the west, and the trout season back east. :)

California's Best Skiing & Snowboarding | Mammoth Mountain

So, being that it's a lava dome in a series of volcanic craters, you have to ask your self a question... Do you feel lucky?

CD (Dirty Harry mod) :D

Holy cow!! What a way to end the drought for sure! Cheryl, did you get water in your house?
We had to empty out the rain gauge at 5" and start over again before the end of the day.
I'm about to go to bed, and we've had another inch. Sheesh!!
img_1499470_0_9854af2b60d00a46d709b707ac22807d.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Californians, when it rains it pours!

We had an unbelievable 73°F yesterday. In Iowa. In February. We broke a record, it was gorgeous. Normal high is mid 30's.

Today is supposed to get close, not quite as warm, a mere 63.

Kay, no water in the house, but it came within inches of the back door. Sure is flooded around here! :ermm::LOL: I love that rain gauge, I keep meaning to get one.

Wow Dawg - that's some warm weather you're having! It's 44 here now at almost 9AM, supposed to get up to 58 today.

Weird, doesn't begin to describe. It was 60 and beautiful yesterday. There is almost no snow left on the ground. Unless weather changes back to normal, we are going to have double and triple prices for flour coming summer.
Don't take me wrong, I love it, nice break from cold, but it is not good for farmers. :(

We had an all time record high yesterday, 74°F! Right now we're at 62, and cloudy, but still unseasonably warm here along the river.

Weird, doesn't begin to describe. It was 60 and beautiful yesterday. There is almost no snow left on the ground. Unless weather changes back to normal, we are going to have double and triple prices for flour coming summer.
Don't take me wrong, I love it, nice break from cold, but it is not good for farmers. :(

When I was a kid, I remember hearing the grownups refer to snow as "the farmers fertilizer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom