What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching the news closely regarding all the rain in Northern California. But not a word on the southern part of the state. I know that there is desert in a lot of the area. But doesn't Southern California have a need for some rain also? Or did the drought not get to that part of the State?

I am not wishing for the flooding and other problems to come to that part of the state.

I have been watching the news closely regarding all the rain in Northern California. But not a word on the southern part of the state. I know that there is desert in a lot of the area. But doesn't Southern California have a need for some rain also? Or did the drought not get to that part of the State?

I am not wishing for the flooding and other problems to come to that part of the state.

Huh?? There's been tons of national coverage on the storms here in the southern part of the state Addie, and several recent posts here on DC. Here's just one article I pulled up from a few days ago. Check out the photo gallery.

Cleanup begins after powerful storm slams Southern California - LA Times

Last edited:
It's 58 right now. This upcoming forecast is definitely not normal for February in southeastern Virginia. Capture%2B_2017-02-22-18-51-46.jpg

We got up to 72° F today! Sunny and gorgeous. Now it's dark and cooler, but still unseasonably warm.

Weird that CA has some of the coldest temps lately, from what I've been reading here. :ohmy: I'm trying to enjoy this cool weather and soak it up before it hits 115 or so this summer. :D

We just added up the total rainfall from our house rain gauge. Keep in mind our total annual normal rainfall is 15" from Oct. to Oct. although it's been many inches short of that with many years of drought/

Today, only 4 months into the year, we've had 25" of rain since Oct. 1st. It's starting to feel like the Pacific North West around here.

I don't know how you missed it, but I knew about it.

I get all my news via TV. There has been a shakeup in a couple of our local stations. They seem to stick to local news only. And for some reason, Spike is here when the national news comes on. That is when he and Pirate seem to want to have their loud and intense conversations about plumbing and other construction jobs. The only time they shut up is when Jeopardy comes on. And that is only because I have to throw a tissy fit to shut them up. It is becoming a daily activity for me.

I get all my news via TV. There has been a shakeup in a couple of our local stations. They seem to stick to local news only. And for some reason, Spike is here when the national news comes on. That is when he and Pirate seem to want to have their loud and intense conversations about plumbing and other construction jobs. The only time they shut up is when Jeopardy comes on. And that is only because I have to throw a tissy fit to shut them up. It is becoming a daily activity for me.
You might want to consider widening your sources of information. You have Internet access, so you're certainly not limited to local news, which I would not expect to cover much more than a few sentences about what's going on nationally or internationally. That's not what they're there for.

Personally, I can't stand local news and haven't watched it in years, unless there's major storm and I need local updates. It's not much more than reports of death and destruction.

After a week of unseasonal warm weather (Shirt sleeves at the stables and I had to turn the central heating off yesterday evening while I was watching TV!) today is cold wet and so windy I nearly got blown over in the stable yard this morning.

Apparently parts of Scotland were cut off by snow this morning!

We've gotten 12 inches of snow overnight and it's still coming down. I'm supposed to work tonight, hope I can make it into town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom