What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I could bring back some fond memories for you. Mom, Dad and I were there in the '60's. Dad was going to Army Language School at the Presidio. Many years later my StepSon attended the Army Language School. Most of my ingrained memories are of Wyoming.

It is now drizzly, I'm still going outside.

My stepdad was a fireman at the Presidio, for many years.. Spent a lot of time there..Its closed off to the public now, like many military posts...

It was beautiful today... it's 4:30 and still 41 F. Today the geese's door was melted enough for them to be let out. First time out since early January.

Tomorrow is a different story... had a big dinner party planned and have now cancelled it. Too many of the guests live 20 to 50 K away. Our roads have no shoulders, just VERY deep ditches. :ermm:

Snow is expected to start around Fri. 10 am and continue straight thru to Sat. 10 am when it is expected to turn to rain. It originally called for the snow to turn to rain around 4 pm on Fri and continue til 7 or 8 pm then back to snow into Sat. Now it is just supposed to be snow.

Whatever it decides to do it is going to be messy out there. March is not the month to plan a dinner party!!! :wacko:

I really hope it is better traveling on Saturday. Grandson, etal are coming out for his 7th birthday celebration. :D

Crazy windy! :ohmy: 38MPH wind and 55MPH gusts. Broken tree branches and roof shingles are laying in my backyard. :( Will definitely need roof repair and a whole lot of cleanup. This guy blew over up on the highway, fortunately no one was hurt.

Attachments

• big rig.jpg
    big rig.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 119
Crazy windy! :ohmy: 38MPH wind and 55MPH gusts. Broken tree branches and roof shingles are laying in my backyard. :( Will definitely need roof repair and a whole lot of cleanup. This guy blew over up on the highway, fortunately no one was hurt.
:ohmy:
Did you take that picture?

Yikes!

Do you have hay fever...if so stay away from the fence.

Lots of damage over night in Texas. Stay safe.

It is a cool 40 degree F with some sprinkles, here. Going to get some yard work in that does not over tax me. My hired kid was over to set up his mowing schedule for the summer and he will be helping me more around the yard and house. First job this afternoon is moving the 120 pounds of birdseed to the back deck.

My hay fever kicks in during the fall... ragweed season. We are just ending tree pollen season, here. You drive your car for an hour, and it turns yellow from the pollen. But, it doesn't bother my allergies.

Severe storms are just part of living in North Texas. Sometimes we know they are coming, and other times they just come out of nowhere.

I've been caught out on a boat in the middle of a big lake a couple of times when a storm came out of nowhere. It was like the opening theme of Gilligan's Island. Six foot swells in a 21-foot boat is not fun, and you have to keep moving forward, or the waves will come over the stern and sink the boat.

CD

I didn't know that... :)

Too bad you didn't have the opportunity to grow up here.. I'm certain you know that Fort Ord was closed in the 90's.. As a kid, I sold newspapers and shined shoes there on weekends and, of course, did my military training after high school graduation .. My family used to pick up a couple of lonely looking soldiers and bring them home for dinner, on holidays..Fond memories of the fort...

One of my regular clients has a home here in Texas, and another one on 17-Mile Drive. He travels between them on his private jet. I have driven a lot of his cars, including some multi-millon dollar ones, but have not been on the jet. It is on my bucket list.

BTW, the weather here today is amazing. Sunny, a perfect 75 degrees, with a pleasant breeze. Of course, that has me wondering what is about to ambush us. LOL

CD

My stepdad was a fireman at the Presidio, for many years.. Spent a lot of time there..Its closed off to the public now, like many military posts...

I love the signs in the fenced off fields near Laguna Seca Raceway that warn of unexploded ordinance. :ohmy:

CD

piggy back vehicles over a certain length are not allowed on Massachusetts highways. Pictures like that make me grateful for a lot of road rules.

It is 39ºF, snowing and raw, raw cold. Right down to your bones raw. Okay Mother Nature, you have shown us what you can do. So now back off and let Spring come in.

Last edited:
It's 64 and rainy right now. Supposed to clear up between 2 and 5, then may have some storms this evening. Keeping an eye on the local news for more info right now. Glad we went to the grocery stores yesterday instead of today.

It's just like Boston out here in "the wilderness": cold, drippy weather. Looks like spicy food for supper tonight! :LOL:

piggy back vehicles over a certain length are not allowed on Massachusetts highways. Pictures like that make me grateful for a lot of road rules...
Except the Massachusetts rules allow tandem semi trucks on both the turnpike and other roads. Da Rules: Commercial Transport & Permits - Traffic & Travel Resources - Highway Division BTW, the truck in the photo that Cheryl posted looks like a regular semi trailer, not a tandem. From what I found, a "piggyback" is what you use behind a car or truck when carrying a motorcycle or another car.

It's just like Boston out here in "the wilderness": cold, drippy weather. Looks like spicy food for supper tonight! :LOL:

Except the Massachusetts rules allow tandem semi trucks on both the turnpike and other roads. Da Rules: Commercial Transport & Permits - Traffic & Travel Resources - Highway Division BTW, the truck in the photo that Cheryl posted looks like a regular semi trailer, not a tandem. From what I found, a "piggyback" is what you use behind a car or truck when carrying a motorcycle or another car.

The rules are different for Federal Highways.

It was about 85 today, sunny, and just a light breeze. In other words, very nice.

More storms are forecast for the weekend.

CD

It is still snowing, but not sticking. The air temp is above freezing, so that is what's keeping it from sticking. I will grasp any little piece of help that comes my way. Even temps in the mid 30's.

It is still snowing, but not sticking. The air temp is above freezing, so that is what's keeping it from sticking. I will grasp any little piece of help that comes my way. Even temps in the mid 30's.

When I was married, my wife and I used to love to vacation on Cape Cod when it was 100-plus degrees down here in Texas. We stayed in a B&B near Yarmouth, and slept with the windows open at night. We always rented a convertible, too.

I've done a lot of work in Connecticut in the winter. I can do without your winters.

CD

We're in the lull between storms. After the "pleasure" of freezing rain all evening, snow is supposed to start within the next few hours and go until mid to late afternoon. Can't wait until Sunday. Rumor has it that it will be sunny and 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom