What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sunny and something outside this AM - waiting for my WeatherBug to initialize so I can get the temp. It's 58 out there. A lot better than yesterday evening when we were under a Tornado watch until 10pm and had lots of severe storm. Luckily, no damage in our neighborhood.

GG, how did you fare with the storms last night?

GG, how did you fare with the storms last night?

Much like you - lots of wind, heavy rain, tornado watch till 10 p.m. No damage to our house. I haven't been out of the house yet. I did see in this morning's paper that a church in Virginia Beach was nearly destroyed and a lot of homes were damaged there. They may have actually had a tornado or two there.

It started off sunny and warm, and is now overcast and warm. More storms predicted for tomorrow, so I didn't plant my new peppers and herbs today, like I wanted to.

CD

When I was married, my wife and I used to love to vacation on Cape Cod when it was 100-plus degrees down here in Texas. We stayed in a B&B near Yarmouth, and slept with the windows open at night. We always rented a convertible, too.

I've done a lot of work in Connecticut in the winter. I can do without your winters.

CD

There is a good side to all this nasty weather. My grandson works for the State DPW. He goes behind the plows with the salt and sand. He has been in his truck sleeping, eating and driving for more than 36 hours working on I90. That is the second time in a very short span that he has done this. Just think of the paycheck he will bring home at the end of the month. Big enough for the DPW workers to pay for any big item on their wish list. Including my grandson's destination wedding and honeymoon. The downside is that he works in the western half of the State. He has to drive to work from Boston. He was a toll taker at the tunnels and other toll booths closer to home. He managed to build up his seniority over the years. Right from college. But they removed all the toll booths and now we have EZPass. But his seniority kept him from being laid off. Just a transfer to the DPW. And at the bottom of the ladder again.

Our DPW vehicles have a GPS in every vehicle. In fact a lot of the State vehicles do. When the DPW feels that a driver has been on the road too long, they call the driver and order him/her to take a paid 12 hour rest.

Sometimes you just have to really hunt to find the good side to an unpleasant bit of life. It seems like a member of my family has done such a thing. At least my grandson is not afraid of work. Nor is his girlfriend.

Right now the down side is that he and his girlfriend don't get to see each other much.

Much like you - lots of wind, heavy rain, tornado watch till 10 p.m. No damage to our house. I haven't been out of the house yet. I did see in this morning's paper that a church in Virginia Beach was nearly destroyed and a lot of homes were damaged there. They may have actually had a tornado or two there.

I saw lots of coverage on the tornado in Va. Beach and Chesapeake yesterday - even on the national news. There was also one in Bertie Co., near Ahoskie I think.

50 degrees and sunny here right now. It's supposed to hit 70 this afternoon. Maybe I'll go weed the vegetable garden later - get ready for planting in the next couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom