What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll be getting the hottest weather of the summer on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's supposed to be 93 or 94 degrees both days. Meantime, yesterday, today, and Thursday we're looking at "only" 90 or so.

September is typically a cool month. This is heat more likely for the end of July or early August. And it's not really cooling down at night, either.

I know most people don't think is hot weather, but we're just not used to it up here. And this is the second week of hot weather with just a couple days break in between.

I can't wait till winter.

I think we'll be getting the hottest weather of the summer on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's supposed to be 93 or 94 degrees both days. Meantime, yesterday, today, and Thursday we're looking at "only" 90 or so.

September is typically a cool month. This is heat more likely for the end of July or early August. And it's not really cooling down at night, either.

I know most people don't think is hot weather, but we're just not used to it up here. And this is the second week of hot weather with just a couple days break in between.

I can't wait till winter.

You are so right. Those are not normal temps for your area. Most homes in that area don't even have or need an AC.

It's looking like Irma might stay south of us, although it's still too early to know for sure. Florida residents need to watch closely.
FB_IMG_1504519921897.jpg

GG, I certainly hope Irma stays south of us. I'm still preparing, though. Picking up Mom's medicines earlier in the week and getting extra water and canned foods when when I go grocery shopping tomorrow and Friday. Finally have a grill, and charcoal - my DD and her family brought it up when they came up Saturday and said we can keep it here, as they have a gas grill at their house.

GG, I certainly hope Irma stays south of us. I'm still preparing, though. Picking up Mom's medicines earlier in the week and getting extra water and canned foods when when I go grocery shopping tomorrow and Friday. Finally have a grill, and charcoal - my DD and her family brought it up when they came up Saturday and said we can keep it here, as they have a gas grill at their house.
We're preparing, too. DH filled our vehicles and gas on Saturday, plus got 21 gallons extra for the generator, should we need it. We have two and a half cases of water and plenty of food, although we'll pick up more later this week. We also have an extra propane tank for the gas grill. We also have a gas stove and water heater, so as long as we have gas service, we can take hot showers [emoji38]

If it looks like we're going to get a direct hit, I may bug out to my cousins' place outside of Richmond. We'll see.

I hope for all of us that Irma stays out to sea, but I guess only time will tell.

As for today, it's a beaut. Out at the pool, and that's where I'll stay until sundown.

Current Affairs

I hope those of you in the affected areas are safe and comfortable. I was listening to the BBC World Service in the middle of the night last night.

The news announced that DT has said that there will be no government aid for the afflicted.

They then interviewed an official in Houston responsible for looking after people affected by the storms, who told us about Muslims who were providing food and helping people regardless of race or religion.

Hmm! Makes you think.

Incidentally, in parts of England your esteemed President's surname is a slang term for, how shall I put it politely, erm - intestinal wind

Last edited:
I don't defend him, either, but it's my understanding he has sent a preliminary request for assistance for Hurricane Harvey victims to Congress for consideration as soon as they return from the August break on Tuesday.

The President started to think at the very beginning of his term that just because he was "The President" he could order anything thing done that he wanted done. But over time he has discovered that this is not the case. He has been going through a very rough learning period.

One of the things he can order and hasn't is for Congress to come back into session early to handle the Flood problem. Those victims should not have to wait. He can get the flood monies approved with just a quorum from both houses.

I hope those of you in the affected areas are safe and comfortable. I was listening to the BBC World Service in the middle of the night last night.

The news announced that DT has said that there will be no government aid for the afflicted.

They then interviewed an official in Houston responsible for looking after people affected by the storms, who told us about Muslims who were providing food and helping people regardless of race or religion.

Hmm! Makes you think.

Incidentally, in parts of England your esteemed President's surname is a slang term for, how shall I put it politely, erm - intestinal wind

Gee, you Brits as just so polite. ;)

My family has lived on the Gulf Coast, so this is not our first storm rodeo. It is going to take a long time for things to be back to normal. Some things will happen quickly, others may take years.

As for individual homes, a lot depends on whether or not people have federal flood insurance, because private homeowners doesn't cover this. Flood insurance is cheap, relative to homeowners. If you have a mortgage in flood country, you had to have it. But those who have a choice and didn't get it, are going to be in a world of financial hurt.

CD

Well I'm sure congress will get right on it and help...she typed with sarcasm dripping from her fingers. [emoji45]

We seriously need a sarcasm font on this site. [emoji57]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom