What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be interesting around here later this morning. It's about 20° out, and my son's rugby team is doing a promotional film/photo shoot in conjunction with Rhino Rugby (a manufacturer of all things rugby - uniforms, game gear, practice equipment, etc.)

The boys are essentially going to be modeling the unis, then making videos of action shots of game play. Rugby uniforms are very short shorts, and collared short sleeve shirts. And it'll be in the 20s at the start. And the ground will be frozen solid.

Should be interesting.

Addie, did you ever get warm yesterday? Bucky, hope your boy does well and you both stay warm during the promo shoot today. I can remember when I was in school and we would have to go to various parades and such during the fall and winter (I was in the marching band). One year is was so cold that my clarinet froze together and I had to take it inside the restaurant with me after the parade.

It's 46 outside right now, and the wind doesn't seem as bad as it was yesterday.

Addie, did you ever get warm yesterday? Bucky, hope your boy does well and you both stay warm during the promo shoot today. I can remember when I was in school and we would have to go to various parades and such during the fall and winter (I was in the marching band). One year is was so cold that my clarinet froze together and I had to take it inside the restaurant with me after the parade.

It's 46 outside right now, and the wind doesn't seem as bad as it was yesterday.

Thanks, cjm. It turned out to be a fun day, and with the sunny sky it warmed up to the 40s.

I marched in high school as well. I marched with an Alto, but I also played Tenor in concert/orchestra, and Bari-sax in jazz band.

The best part about marching in the cold was staying warm under thick blankets with the color guard and sabre/rifle girls... :brows:

Yeah cj. I cranked up the heat and let it run full blast. And then I put on my granny long sleeve granny nightgown. I kept that on all day. Today is supposed to be warmer. I hope so. I have to leave at 8 a.m. for a doctor's appointment. I am having an ultra sound on my stomach to check my blood flow. Oh joy. So much fun in my life. I pray for boredom.

I got my great BIG pan down and filled it with water. Then let it sit on the stove on the lowest heat. The house finally warmed up.

Still not quite low enough to call for a refill - 14%. They want us to wait until 10% to call, or some reason.

49 and cloudy right now, going to be in the mid-50's and cloudy today.

It was 80 degrees today! December 4th! Enough, already. :rolleyes:

The weather gurus say a pretty potent cold front is coming tonight, so it will be in the 50s the rest of the week. I'm just itching to make some gumbo, so bring on some gumbo weather, please.

CD

2" of snow, first snowfall with any accumulation. 50 mph wind gusts makes visibility difficult at times. Brrr cold in SE South Dakota.

40ºF. Oh dear. I definitely need a vacation. I typed in 400 at first. Well my excuse is that it is 1:30 a.m. and I am in a lot of pain at the moment.

64 and cloudy right now. Have a chance for a "wintry mix" Friday night and/or Saturday. Ready for the craziness, GG?
We will be by the weekend ;) I definitely need to get my pansies in the pots this week. DH just bought a pork shoulder. I'm planning on making a big pot of warming posole verde that night.

We have 63 degrees and alternating sun and clouds right now. We still have azaleas blooming :ohmy: and the bees are out gathering nectar.

Last edited:
Pretty chilly now for this area at 7:30PM - 44F, and a low of 29F in the wee hours. Just put a sweatshirt on, and brought my patio herbs closer to the house.

We will be by the weekend ;) I definitely need to get my pansies in the pots this week. DH just bought a pork shoulder. I'm planning on making a big pot of warming posole verde that night.

We have 63 degrees and alternating sun and clouds right now. We still have azaleas blooming :ohmy: and the bees are out gathering nectar.

Hope you get your pansies potted before it turns cold.

It's 60 and raining right now, by tonight it will be in the upper 40's. Mother Nature just doen't know how to make up her mind, does she?

Hope you get your pansies potted before it turns cold.

It's 60 and raining right now, by tonight it will be in the upper 40's. Mother Nature just doesn't know how to make up her mind, does she?

Mother Nature has PMS.

I went into Boston today to be recertified for The Ride and it just took everything out of me. The Ride is a branch of our public transportation that meets the needs of the severely handicapped. There is no way I can walk from the closest bus stop to where I live. So I qualify for this service. Today was bitter cold and windy, and I bundled up really good. I went into Boston on my scooter and my mittens were in my back pouch. I was just too lazy and in to much pain to get the out.

When I finally arrived back home, my paws were so cold, I grabbed my heating pad and wrapped it around them.

It's going to be interesting around here later this morning. It's about 20° out, and my son's rugby team is doing a promotional film/photo shoot in conjunction with Rhino Rugby (a manufacturer of all things rugby - uniforms, game gear, practice equipment, etc.)

The boys are essentially going to be modeling the unis, then making videos of action shots of game play. Rugby uniforms are very short shorts, and collared short sleeve shirts. And it'll be in the 20s at the start. And the ground will be frozen solid.

Should be interesting.

So how did the boys do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom