What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boy used the snowblower to clear the driveway by himself for the first time a few weeks ago, so with some snow in the forecast, I figured that I'd better go check out the condition of the machine.

While he did a good job that day on a very heavy and icy 8" of snow, he managed to break to of the augers' shearing pins. There's a pothole at the end of my driveway that I need to get fixed in the Spring. He bogged down into it and broke up a little more of the pavement.

I'm glad I thought to look at the machine.

Amazon Prime 2 day shipping to the rescue!

Forget the snowblower, and find a used Audi quattro. I've had four of them, including one just like this one in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHk2nU1cjMk

CD

Let me start by saying "I love all of our Canadian neighbors." But would you PLEASE STOP SENDING US YOUR WEATHER!

18ºF. We are supposed to get a few hours of bright sunshine. Then semi overcast for the rest of the day. I don't see it getting much warmer. Even though the weatherman is trying to cheer us up.

Let me start by saying "I love all of our Canadian neighbors." But would you PLEASE STOP SENDING US YOUR WEATHER!

18ºF. We are supposed to get a few hours of bright sunshine. Then semi overcast for the rest of the day. I don't see it getting much warmer. Even though the weatherman is trying to cheer us up.
This time your weather is coming from south and west of you.

A display stand out in the Red Rocks Canyon area back when I lived in Vegas (Red Rocks was about 20 miles west out of downtown along Charleston Blvd.), stated, " The Desert is a harsh master", with extremes of heat and cold, as well as lack of precipitation; yet, a natural profusion of both Plant and Animal life has managed over eons to persevere there. The Desert Tortoise, many types of birds such as Gambrel Quail, Song Sparrows, Ravens, Hawks of various types, many kinds of lizard, many kinds of snake; and the Plants unmentioned, all produce exceedingly beautiful colored flowers once a year, innumerable kinds of cacti, desert shrubs, Mesquite, Acacia, the "Boojum Tree"!

Why do I so volubly expound? Because I, too, live in that Desert.

Today's high temp. was 72`, tonight a predicted chilly 52` low. In December. Any day now, I will be picking Valencia Oranges from my carefully nurtured tree out back.

We are having night time heatwaves, 39F right now @ 0230 with wind @ 18 MPH and gusts up to 40 MPH (29-25F windchill factor), supposed to get into the mid forties with the wind continuing.

Sweater or coat? Hmmm...the windchill takes a bikini out of the question:ROFLMAO::LOL:

We are having night time heatwaves, 39F right now @ 0230 with wind @ 18 MPH and gusts up to 40 MPH (29-25F windchill factor), supposed to get into the mid forties with the wind continuing.

Sweater or coat? Hmmm...the windchill takes a bikini out of the question:ROFLMAO::LOL:

:LOL: 6:41 a.m. Thanks for getting my day off to a good start. I have to go introduce myself today to my new nurse and the rest of the staff. Then to the Christmas party for the building.

At least the party is not being held at a ski resort. Our temps are in the 40's for the rest of the week.

HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MST THIS EVENING ... West to northwest 35 to 45 MPH with gusts up to 65 MPH

Better put rocks in your pockets, PF!

We have sun in central PA, and are finally seeing a temp that starts with a 3 - 32, to be exact. Should be good weather for the second leg of driving.

I think this is going to be the 4th? attempt at launching this Spacex rocket out of Vandenburg this evening.
Skies should be clear for the most part to see the huge contrail.
Besides the gov't spy satellite on board I read that cremated human remains will go up in space as well. At $2,500 that's cheaper than most other types of ash burial service...

I spent a good part of last evening upside down in the bilge of my friend's yacht trying to fix the wiring to the toilet and bilge pumps. Holy moly the Hudson river was cold. The water surface temps were in the low 40s, but with a strong wind and the air temps in the 30s, it was hard to hold tools in numb fingers. I kept dropping them into the cold bilgewater, ythen having to stick my hand into it to fish around for them.

Last edited:
You beat me to it RF....was just going to post that it was scrubbed again. Aaargh....

Pretty nice here today....high 60's, sunny, and just a light breeze.

If the sun had been out, it would've been beautiful here along the river. 50's and cloudy, no snow left.

I didn't blow away, but it was close a few times. Then it started spritzing snow on my way home last night. Just enough to make me worry Mom and Dad were driving home from Colorado. But it never snowed and they called me at 10 PM when they got home.

This morning 24F, wind @ 6 MPH and shouldn't get too bad.

Launch scrubbed again. High winds this time. Postponed 24hrs.
They’re playing with our emotions now.

They are saving the launch for Tuesday as a Christmas present. There is a good side to everything. But sometimes you have to hunt for it.

Don't believe me? A hurricane strikes a town. Many homes have to be demolished. That is the bad part.

FEMA steps in with trailers for temporary housing, money to buy groceries, fix the car, etc. New furniture, new neighbors in the same boat, new friends.
That is the good part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom