What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the winter chill starting here in the desert. :) So far it's really nice - 60ish during the day and low 40's to high 30's at night. Perfect. Soon it will be down in the 'teens at night.

I never run the heater at night, no matter how cold it is - can't stand to hear it running, let alone having hot air blow through my bedroom vent anywhere near me while I'm sleeping. :huh:

Last edited:
I may be in Providence tomorrow. I don't know yet. I would love to me you, even though you are from Cleveland. Actually, people in Cleveland are not much different from people in Pittsburgh. Very similar city history...
We're OK with Pittsburgh people. ;) Himself's Mom's side of the family is from Uniontown, and Kennywood is one of the best, old-fashioned amusement parks around. Providence has a lot of tasty restaurants, but most are a bit pricey. Or, if you're headed back to Hartford at the end of the day, there is a great brewpub with very good food in Willamantic, CT, which is along the Providence-Hartford route (taking U.S.-6).

I feel the winter chill starting here in the desert. :) So far it's really nice - 60ish during the day and low 40's to high 30's at night. Perfect. Soon it will be down in the 'teens at night.

I never run the heater at night, no matter how cold it is - can't stand to hear it running, let alone having hot air blow through my bedroom vent anywhere near me while I'm sleeping. :huh:

Teens at night means fairly high altitude, perhaps 4000 feet? We live at 500 feet in west-central AZ, 60ish lately days, 50s nights. Teens, never. Are you also a dweller of the Mohave Desert?

Woke @ 12:45am to the music of tornado warning sirens.. Turned on the local news station and watched the weather guys track the storm across the Ozarks.. Apparently a tornado touched down here and there or, at least heavy winds did some damage locally. There was one reported fatality in our area.. Will have to follow up on that..

Sat on the patio with a cup of hot chocolate, watching the storm circle our area.. All was quiet by 2am and its quite lovely out this morning..

Ross

Woke @ 12:45am to the music of tornado warning sirens.. Turned on the local news station and watched the weather guys track the storm across the Ozarks.. Apparently a tornado touched down here and there or, at least heavy winds did some damage locally. There was one reported fatality in our area.. Will have to follow up on that..

Sat on the patio with a cup of hot chocolate, watching the storm circle our area.. All was quiet by 2am and its quite lovely out this morning..

Ross

That does not sound like a fun way to spend the evening. I would rather have a blizzard.

We're in a blizzard warning. 10" of snow predicted. Woke up to everything coated in ice. They've cancelled every Christmas event in town for the weekend in SE South Dakota.

The rain we've been having has melted most of the blizzard snow from last weekend. The cold wind makes it feel pretty raw. Beagle needed much convincing to stay out long enough to do her business.

We're having a heat wave! A start-of-December heat wave! [emoji38] It's 56 today and the forecast for tomorrow is 70! I can finally get my pansies into the front porch flower boxes.

Teens at night means fairly high altitude, perhaps 4000 feet? We live at 500 feet in west-central AZ, 60ish lately days, 50s nights. Teens, never. Are you also a dweller of the Mohave Desert?

Hi, Imp. Around 2500' here and yes, an Eastern Sierra upper Mojave Desert dweller here for several decades. Even though I complain about it now and then, I love it here...it's home. Love the clear starry skies at night.

It's crazy windy here today though...not a plus. :LOL: Supposed to get down to 31 tonight and in the 20's at night next week. Brrrr....

We have another member here from Arizona, Kgirl, but I haven't seen her around lately. I hope she's just been busy and that all is OK. :)

We're having a heat wave! A start-of-December heat wave! [emoji38] It's 56 today and the forecast for tomorrow is 70! I can finally get my pansies into the front porch flower boxes.

Yay! Enjoy it while you can! It's been cold and windy here the past couple of days. :LOL:

Were I living in a blizzard prone area, that's what I might be having.. or.. Hurricanes over there :ermm:.. or earthquakes over there :ohmy:..Mother nature will decide..;)
Ross

Yes, she will, fickle lady that she sometimes is. :LOL: :wub:

Not fun to wake up to tornado sirens, though!

Rain again here. We had a record amount of rain in the area for November, and the lady meteorologist just said yesterday that it has been the wettest fall season ever, and we have 3 weeks to go! And tomorrow it is supposed to get to 65° here. Crazy weather.

20 deg c here, grey and overcast, this cool,weather is supposed to go tonight. 25 deg c tomorrow. Picking strawberries from the garden.

Russ

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

8 degrees C (46 F) :ermm:and a severe thunderstorm watch. Very unusual weather.
Yeah, that is unusual. i noticed that when I was checking my weather, over hear on the Island of Montreal.

We have light drizzle and 3°C. There was supposed to be freezing rain overnight which didn't show up. Then there was another freezing rain warning, but that didn't materialize either. I'm not complaining.

Tough drive in tonight until i descended about 500 feet.

It rained all day, and now the clouds are so low that you're actually driving through them at a certain altitude.

I'm sure those in the much bigger mountains out west know what I'm talking about.

Tonight as has been the case many nights since we've lived here, for the first 3 miles or so, I had to use thoughtfully placed reflectors on the neighbors' mailboxes on either side of the road to be able to sort of steer the car between them, staying on the street and not in someone's front yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom