What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the dam at Gavin's Point doing? I only get Omaha news. I can't pick up Sioux City.
The latest news we received was yesterday, Thursday, where the local news said; water releases from Gavin's point Dam we're increased to 90,000 cubic feet per second. Unregulated inflows from the Niobrara & other watershed's continue to flow into the reservior.

It has been really nice here for a few days. High temps around 70F. Cool nights. We shouldn't have any more freezing temperatures, but I'm going to wait until next week to plant my herbs and peppers.

Bluebonnets are staring to pop up -- it's a few weeks early for them.

CD

There is noticeably less snow here. There is none left on my grill. Still plenty between my back door and the grill though, but about half as deep as it was.

We've been having wonderful spring weather the last couple of days. Some sun and temps into the 40s during the day, dipping down into the 20s at night. The sap is running (my neighbor up the street starts running when the weather gets nice), and the tree sap is flowing into buckets during the day. Should be a good sugaring season this year. Sadly, our favorite maple sugar shack is closed. He died due to the result of an accident years ago, and his wife/widow decided to close down the farm and sell the property. Gotta find us a new sugar shack.

Lots of flooding...
So sad about all of the flooding out in the heartland. How are your fields doing, Farmer Jon? Will you be able to plant a full crop this year, or are you going to need to pull back some? ~ Nice of you to take your friend and his son in. Hope things work out for them.

Jon, I have always felt that when a person out of the goodness of their heart reaches out to someone in need, they will be paid back two fold. Everyone should have a friend like yourself.

Hopefully, they will find very little damage once they are allowed to return to their home.

I'm ready for real spring too, but we are expecting mixed precipitation starting any time now and snow overnight.

It's currently -3°C with light rain.

Beautiful day. Nice & sunny 56*F in SE South Dakota. We're in anticipation for a flood. The rivers are rising fast. They're saying the river is going to crest on Monday. Several people sandbagging. Most of the parks & bike trails, along the river, are all closed.

We got close to 80F today, but not quite. It is 66F right now, at 9:37PM.

We've had a good week. Tomorrow is expected to hit 68F, but there is a good chance of rain building as the day goes by. Probably no grilling.

I'll be planting my herb and pepper garden this week.

CD

Cooking Goddess;1588272 So sad about all of the flooding out in the heartland. How are your fields doing said:
Farmer Jon[/B]? Will you be able to plant a full crop this year, or are you going to need to pull back some?

We are in the highest point in the county so we're good here. We will have a full crop.

Mix of rain and snow. Hit a snow storm yesterday on my way home from Laramie. White out conditions, couldn't see 1/2mile in front of me. Then a bridge structure appeared in front of me, one that was not supposed to be there. Turned out is was an Oversize Load being trucked, it took up both lanes of the two lane. Now who in their right mind would be trucking a load like that in a snowstorm??? I knew there was a rest area close and decided I would turn in there and let them get on up the road. They turned in too. I hurried up and got finished and hit the road before they got back on. Since I had been driving since 4 in the morning and it was close to 10 am, I'm glad the weather let up a little and let me get home.

Today, just some rain, so far.

10.15am monday morning here and today is partially overcast, still very warm, expecting a bit of rain tomorrow hopefully, it's been a long hot summer, over it now

It's been an absolutely beautiful day today. Sunny with a high of 68. I've been sitting on the porch much of the day, finishing up my book club book. Loving this gorgeous weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom