What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had two picture-perfect spring days out by us - mid-60s and blue skies. We've been a little drier than the Boston area, so I'm enjoying the nice weather while it lasts. Today there wasn't a cloud in the sky (NACITS). One more nice day, then more rain on the way. There have been 16 days with some sort of rain so far this month. I think my feet are getting a bit webbed. :ermm:

I'm liking the rain. There are about 25 lakes (man-made reservoirs) on the trinity river basin, and all but one is 100-percent full -- or more (they only show up to 100-percent on the water data web site).

When mother nature turns off the taps in July through September, we will need that water.

CD

I don't mind rain in moderation, cd. Moderation. ~ When we moved here it seemed like it would rain at night, but by 8 AM the sun was shining. I told Himself it was as if we had moved to Camelot! This upcoming forecast, though, has us trapped in a rain forest setting.
Screenshot_20190426-162417.jpg

Yesterday and today have been near perfect. Sunny and high 70's both days. A nice, gentle breeze, too. But, it is like Lucy tempting Charlie Brown to kick a football -- it is storm season in North Texas.

CD

I don't mind rain in moderation, cd. Moderation. ~ When we moved here it seemed like it would rain at night, but by 8 AM the sun was shining. I told Himself it was as if we had moved to Camelot! This upcoming forecast, though, has us trapped in a rain forest setting.

We've had weeks like that. I hear from DH, "Stationary front, stalled off the coast - rain, rain, rain..." [emoji38] Time for baking!

Lucky for us, all this will move offshore after 10 pm or so tonight and we will have a beautiful weekend - sunny and up to 80F. Perfect for our neighborhood's annual Porch Crawl Sunday afternoon.
Screenshot_20190426-173821_WeatherBug.jpg

Raining a lot here too. Parts of Quebec are undoubtedly flooding. Montreal has declared a state of emergency, so they can take measures like forcing people in places at risk to evacuate. Climate change is a PITA.

We've had weeks like that. I hear from DH, "Stationary front, stalled off the coast - rain, rain, rain..." [emoji38] Time for baking!
Yes! Made a banana nut bread earlier this week; plan on reprising that tomorrow. Also on deck, strawberry shortcake biscuits and, maybe, more scones. I should take advantage of "baking weather" and stock the freezer for when the temps climb into the 80s. ;)

Raining a lot here too. Parts of Quebec are undoubtedly flooding. Montreal has declared a state of emergency, so they can take measures like forcing people in places at risk to evacuate. Climate change is a PITA.
State of emergency in my region, also..I'm not on the Ottawa river any more..thankfully..lot's of people in trouble, unfortunately..snow forecast for tomorrow..

Wow, taxy, roch, and dragn....hope this weather front runs it's course soon and all of you are OK. :ohmy:

Not much different here in the desert....high of 95F again today, but supposed to go back down to the 80's in the next few days. For now...

Wow, taxy, roch, and dragn....hope this weather front runs it's course soon and all of you are OK. :ohmy:

Not much different here in the desert....high of 95F again today, but supposed to go back down to the 80's in the next few days. For now...

Thanks Cheryl. We aren't really at risk. We're at the top of a "hill". I put it in quotes because, it doesn't seem much like a hill due to the gentle slope. But, it keeps us well above the water.

But, I do live about a mile from the area that gets hit the worst when it floods. We are all watching what's happening with Bell Falls Dam. It's over capacity and they are afraid it's going to break. It's not really nearby, but the water from the Rouge River that it's on flows into the Ottawa River which feeds the Rivière des Prairies, which runs on the north side of the Island of Montreal.

Our part of Missouri is surrounded by severe weather, including hail, flooding, high winds and tornado warnings.. Supposed to last late into the evening..

Maybe a long night..

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom