What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to tangent off....but my all electric condo bill went from $220.00 for the last few billing cycles to just $78.00. I used more electricity during the last three months, but wow, what a price drop.

P.S. Someone said to warm up your unit berfore 5:00 AM to take advantage of the lower rates during that time. Not bad advice.

Last edited:
Sorry to tangent off....but my all electric condo bill went from $220.00 for the last few billing cycles to just $78.00. I used more electricity during the last three months, but wow, what a price drop.

P.S. Someone said to warm up your unit berfore 5:00 AM to take advantage of the lower rates during that time. Not bad advice.

It could be an adjustment. A lot of meters are read electronically these days, but they will send a human out to read them from time-to-time to verify the readings.

BTW, I have "rolling averaging" on my electric and gas utilities, so my bills are roughly the same every month. My electric averages about 80-bucks a month, and gas about 40-bucks. Without averaging, my August electric bill would be over 200, and January gas would be over 80.

I also belong to an Electric Coop, which helps.

CD

Last edited:
It is 68F and windy right now. We were supposed to have a "stormagaddon" last night, but the storms were pretty mild. No hail, no tornado sirens... just thunder, lightning and lots of rain.

CD

Caslon, did you check your bill to see if you got the CA Climate Credit? It's usually twice a year - I got mine the beginning of April (So Cal Edison) and my electric bill was less than $5 for this month. :ohmy::)
http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/ClimateCredit/

Last edited:
The temperatures are pleasant, especially after winter. We are expecting a fair amount of rain starting tonight, which may include thunder. The worst flooding is expected in the places that flooded in 2017. Dragnlaw, I hope you will be okay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-18 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-04-18 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 71
Thanks taxy, even though I live on a hill I flood... go figure.

It is not from a rising river, perhaps a rising ground level, but in any case I'm good so long as my sump pump works. Hence my Generac generator for power failures.

Rigaud (have a few of my friends there), on the Ottawa river has already started to flood. Expecting worse than '17.

People were told to get out and they would NOT be rescued later if they call for help. The mayor will not risk the lives of rescuers for a**hole diehards.

We've got a butt-kicking storm on the way. The wind is picking up already. We might have a window for grilling dinner tonight, or we might have to bring it inside.
2019-04-19-12-13-35.jpg

Thanks taxy, even though I live on a hill I flood... go figure.

It is not from a rising river, perhaps a rising ground level, but in any case I'm good so long as my sump pump works. Hence my Generac generator for power failures.

Rigaud (have a few of my friends there), on the Ottawa river has already started to flood. Expecting worse than '17.

People were told to get out and they would NOT be rescued later if they call for help. The mayor will not risk the lives of rescuers for a**hole diehards.

I read that about Rigaud. I have friends there too. I wonder if you know them, The Peppermaster and his wife. They are the folks who make and sell the Pepperfire sauces.

Yes, I've met them. Been in the store. Can't say I 'know' him.

Makes good stuff - I like spicy but I don't eat a lot of super spicy though.

We've got a butt-kicking storm on the way...
Stay safe! My SIL and her hubby probably drove thru that line; they left Charlotte this morning, heading to Orlando for a couple of weeks to visit their older daughter. They probably stopped to eat when they got close to the weather whether they were hungry or not! [emoji38]

We've had some sun breaking thru the clouds today - and WIND! It's mostly in the upper levels; the trees aren't swaying too much, but the grey clouds further up are flying by like crazy! 70 degrees today, too.

I've been battling with the sump pump all day..I had to dig the hole out deeper becuase the float wouldn't rise high enough to trigger the switch..old house, water in basement..flooding all over the region..oh, well..isn't the first time..drinking a beer and having steak for dinner..could be worse..

We've got a butt-kicking storm on the way. The wind is picking up already. We might have a window for grilling dinner tonight, or we might have to bring it inside.
View attachment 34466

That is the storm system that came through here on Wednesday night. It didn't do much here, but they say the conditions were not right for supercell development at the time the system passed through.

Good luck.

CD

We got off-and-on heavy rain and high winds with a few very high gusts, but no real damage. There was possible tornadic activity in some places - the local National Weather Service office is sending people to see if any actual tornadoes touched down. But if they did, they didn't leave much damage. Only a few thousand people lost power.

DH just finished cleaning up and mulching the gardens, so it's nice that they got a good soaking.

We've had two picture-perfect spring days out by us - mid-60s and blue skies. We've been a little drier than the Boston area, so I'm enjoying the nice weather while it lasts. Today there wasn't a cloud in the sky (NACITS). One more nice day, then more rain on the way. There have been 16 days with some sort of rain so far this month. I think my feet are getting a bit webbed. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom