What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston is a bit different. You probably remember from Port Aransas. You walk outside from an air-conditioned space in the summer, and if you wear glasses, they instantly fog up. My camera lenses fog up when I'm working down on the Gulf coast.

Repairing a fence in Houston in May means being soaked in sweat in less than five minutes.

But, it is not as bad as New Orleans in May. There, you can walk outside with a knife, slice off a cube of air, and drink it.

CD

Oh yes. I remember my very first spring and summer on the Texas Coast. But come the second time around I was almost used to it. One winter it actually got cold enough for a few snowflakes to fall. There is a huge picture of the snow on the carpet outside the Aransas Pass City Hall. That cracked me up completely. The folks inside never did figure out what I was laughing so hard at. And I certainly didn't think I was insulting them. I just kept my mouth shut. Snow in Southern Texas indeed is a very rare event.

Today, here in East Boston we actually had bright sunshine. I have transitional lens on my glasses and they turned immediately into sunglasses as soon as I was outside. A joy to behold! Not a drop of rain.

Yesterday, rain and drizzle and mist all day. Today?

i-fgTDRwt-M.jpg

Sever weather storms have been moving through my part of Missouri for the past two days.. Nothing bad in my immediate area but, weird things happening all around us..

Ross

Ross, I have a cyber friend just outside of Springfield, and she's said the same things about the crazy weather there.

It's been SO cold and windy here in my area of SoCal the past few days for this time of year :ohmy:. 59F here now and 30mph winds with up to 50mpg gusts. Branches have been blowing off the trees in my backyard, and trucks are overturning up on the highway. :ermm:

Well, I finally heard the last word on our weather pattern in Massachusetts this Spring.

We have had only two times when it rained.

The first one was for 24 days and the second one was for 32.

Well, it just seems that way. Just ask Andy, Cooking Goddess, anyone who lives here in the Lake of Boston. etc .:wacko:;)

Sever weather storms have been moving through my part of Missouri for the past two days.. Nothing bad in my immediate area but, weird things happening all around us..

Ross

That is the same weather pattern that went through here. It went pretty easy on my area. It was a lot worse West and North of me.

The weather was great today. Upper 70s and sunny. Light South winds.

CD

Ross, I have a cyber friend just outside of Springfield, and she's said the same things about the crazy weather there.

It's been SO cold and windy here in my area of SoCal the past few days for this time of year :ohmy:. 59F here now and 30mph winds with up to 50mpg gusts. Branches have been blowing off the trees in my backyard, and trucks are overturning up on the highway. :ermm:

Cheryl, Boston has been said to be the most congested city to drive in. And when you see the traffic jams every morning and night, I can believe it. So during a conversation with Spike and Pirate, I mentioned that we need to start building our highways like the Freeways in California. But if trucks are being blown over there, that will never work for Boston. We get some real severe winds during a Nor'easter and Boston is right on the water front.

We built two expansive tunnels during the Big Dig. And now there are major traffic jams there whenever there is an accident in one of them. Both tunnels are tied together.

No wonder Cooking Goddess has no desire to drive in Boston. I don't even want to be a passenger when I have an appointment at the hospital.

Cheryl, Boston has been said to be the most congested city to drive in. And when you see the traffic jams every morning and night, I can believe it. So during a conversation with Spike and Pirate, I mentioned that we need to start building our highways like the Freeways in California. But if trucks are being blown over there, that will never work for Boston. We get some real severe winds during a Nor'easter and Boston is right on the water front.

We built two expansive tunnels during the Big Dig. And now there are major traffic jams there whenever there is an accident in one of them. Both tunnels are tied together.

No wonder Cooking Goddess has no desire to drive in Boston. I don't even want to be a passenger when I have an appointment at the hospital.

LOL!!! You do NOT want to fashion any cities highways like the ones in California. Granted, most other major metropolitan areas in most states have highway congestion, but California wrote the book on poor urban planning. It was truly "The Wild, Wild West" in terms of urban planning.

California shares a big problem with Texas -- everybody drives!!! At least in New York and other parts of the Northeast, people uses trains. We have great urban rail in Dallas -- but the trains are mostly empty.

I love cars, and love to drive. But, I love to do it out in the country, on wide open roads with lovely scenery. Driving around Dallas or Houston is something I can do without. It is something I have to do. I don't do it because it brings me any pleasure.

CD

That is the same weather pattern that went through here. It went pretty easy on my area. It was a lot worse West and North of me.

The weather was great today. Upper 70s and sunny. Light South winds.

CD

Yes it is... Now, we are in for days (weeks?) of days in the 80's with occasional rain.. Go figure... LOL

Ross

Crazy weather lately here in SoCal. :ermm: 56F here now at 6PM, down to the 40's again tonight, and looks like more rain is coming in. I love the rain, and will happily take all we can get. Usually this time of year we're at least in the 80's range.

Still, I've been enjoying the cool weather and rain. Pretty sure the triple digits will still come July and/or August and I'll look back and be thankful for this cool spell. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
Crazy weather lately here in SoCal. :ermm: 56F here now at 6PM, down to the 40's again tonight, and looks like more rain is coming in. I love the rain, and will happily take all we can get. Usually this time of year we're at least in the 80's range.

Still, I've been enjoying the cool weather and rain. Pretty sure the triple digits will still come July and/or August and I'll look back and be thankful for this cool spell. :ermm::LOL:

We have been getting a lot of rain here, too. And, like SoCal, that means the grasses and other flammable vegetation will grow like crazy, so when fire season comes, there will be lots of fuel. :LOL:

CD

We have been getting a lot of rain here, too. And, like SoCal, that means the grasses and other flammable vegetation will grow like crazy, so when fire season comes, there will be lots of fuel. :LOL:

CD

Yep, then after the fires come the flooding and mudslides, at least here. Can't win...! :ohmy:

I have all the windows with screens open right now (10 down, 7 to go) and am sitting in a nice cross-breeze. We got into the lower-mid 80s today (TOO hot!), but tomorrow is supposed to be low 70s. Perfect.

Yesterday our highest was 86ºF. Too hot to go sit outside. I wanted to go and sit on the bench outside. But wisdom told me to bring my inhaler. So I stayed inside.

Today it is supposed to be in the high 60's. Sixty-nine will be the highest. I can live with that. So today, I am getting out of this prison and am going outside with my book. To heck with cleaning, cooking, and anything else that needs doing in this apartment. I am positive that no one will come and do it for me. It will be there when I come back inside.

84 and sunny right now, low is supposed to be around 70. Similar temperatures forecast for the rest of the week, till Friday, when it calls for a chance of rain. We need to get our well pump fixed so we can water the garden with it. Our two rain barrels were full a few weeks ago now we have to tip them to get water out.

It's really nice by us, too, taxy. Porch temp is reading 74, but it's pretty dry outside with a humidity of 34%. Today is the kind of day I wish I could bottle and pour out again when the weather is icky - like tomorrow. Supposed to be mid-50's and rain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom